pjme

pjme

pjme

0:)

bhodges

Well Peter, with those you may have just created a new Ring cycle.  ;D

--Bruce

J.Z. Herrenberg

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Brian

Quote from: Brian on October 02, 2008, 10:33:40 AM
I DID buy it, last night. Did some Google searching, found a used copy on a record shop's website for $6, and ordered it.  ;D ;D
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The record shop sent me a reissue of the original album, but with a boring cover! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I am not in possession of the Holst Planets LP with the two morons in space costumes on the cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adamdavid80

Quote from: Brian on October 07, 2008, 01:36:30 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The record shop sent me a reissue of the original album, but with a boring cover! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I am not in possession of the Holst Planets LP with the two morons in space costumes on the cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hunt them down and kill them.  Post-haste.
Hardly any of us expects life to be completely fair; but for Eric, it's personal.

- Karl Henning

Brian

Quote from: adamdavid80 on October 07, 2008, 02:04:23 PM
Hunt them down and kill them.  Post-haste.
I know!
Now how am I going to decorate the apartment?!

Haffner

Quote from: Jay F on October 07, 2008, 11:17:24 AM
OMFG. The one on the right is a guy, isn't he?

You mean, they're not ALL guys  :o?

J.Z. Herrenberg

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

adamdavid80

Quote from: Brian on October 07, 2008, 02:06:19 PM
I know!
Now how am I going to decorate the apartment?!

You could use the print-outs of the decline of my stock portfolio and 401K as wallpaper...decorative AND ironic!
Hardly any of us expects life to be completely fair; but for Eric, it's personal.

- Karl Henning

Jay F

Quote from: adamdavid80 on October 07, 2008, 05:53:48 PM
You could use the print-outs of the decline of my stock portfolio and 401K as wallpaper...decorative AND ironic!

Why "ironic"?

M forever

One of the potentially worst LP covers in the history of classical music never happened. As Richard Osborne relates in his Karajan biography, when he recorded an album of Prussian and Austrian marches with the winds of the BP for DG, the conductor and former NSDAP member came up with the idea to show a burning swastika rolling down a steep hill on the cover. The idea behind this was apparently to express, in the spirit of the time (that was in the 70s) with its highly critical attitude towards the not so distant NS past, how militarism had led into the catastrophe of the dictatorship and WWII. Fortunately (or unfortunately?), DG talked him out of this idea and to avoid the militarist connotations of the music, they showed a row of marching tin soldiers on the cover.

adamdavid80

Quote from: Jay F on October 07, 2008, 07:01:51 PM
Why "ironic"?

because this was the money that was set aside to fund my early retirement, that seemed not entirely unimpossible a year ago (meaning, not likely, but it was certainly accruing and generating numbers).  I would have been better off spending that money on a trip to Vienna or whatever, since it's now non-existant. 

The conventional wisdom is always you'll never regret buying a home or putting money in your company 401k program.  And, historically, that was true. 

But history can sometimes burp.  Or, in this case, vomit.  Phooey. 

Back to funny album jackets!

- Karl Henning

Jay F

Quote from: adamdavid80 on October 08, 2008, 07:01:15 AM
because this was the money that was set aside to fund my early retirement, that seemed not entirely unimpossible a year ago (meaning, not likely, but it was certainly accruing and generating numbers).  I would have been better off spending that money on a trip to Vienna or whatever, since it's now non-existant. 

The conventional wisdom is always you'll never regret buying a home or putting money in your company 401k program.  And, historically, that was true. 

But history can sometimes burp.  Or, in this case, vomit.  Phooey. 

Back to funny album jackets!

That's not irony, Alanis, just bad luck. (Sorry to hear it, though.)

adamdavid80

Quote from: Jay F on October 08, 2008, 07:07:39 AM
That's not irony, Alanis, just bad luck. (Sorry to hear it, though.)

Great.  First I'm broke, now I'm being compared to Alanis Morrisette.  Still, better that than Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.  Take that, Barack!

- Karl Henning

MDL

Quote from: knight on October 07, 2008, 10:41:05 AM
Holy Draft Excluders!

Mike

Holy Draft Excluders indeed! I'm going to make this one my wallpaper at work.

knight66

MDL, I do think that looking at that image for too long would be detrimental to your wellbeing. It could turn you to excessive consumption of lager and public micturition....and who knows what then!

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

MDL

Quote from: knight on October 08, 2008, 08:58:05 AM
MDL, I do think that looking at that image for too long would be detrimental to your wellbeing. It could turn you to excessive consumption of lager and public micturition....and who knows what then!

Mike

You're right. I had to replace it. It was freaking me out. Maybe I should do a bit of work instead of staring at my wallpaper. Or arsing around on GMG, for that matter...   :(