Opus106

Quote from: Papy Oli on May 01, 2011, 07:38:17 AM

here's another one :

[asin]B00002MXTG[/asin]

Just make sure Il Furioso doesn't see it. :-\
Regards,
Navneeth

J.Z. Herrenberg

'Bedroom bliss with Beethoven'... The mind boggles.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Brian

Quote from: J. Z. Herrenberg on May 01, 2011, 11:19:47 AM
'Bedroom bliss with Beethoven'... The mind boggles.

Indeed! I remember reading in Maynard Solomon's Beethoven that once, in the early 1790s, the young composer's fellow students went to a tavern with him and bribed a waitress to flirt with him as a joke. The joke ended when an irritated Beethoven punched her in the face.

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Brian on May 01, 2011, 11:42:32 AM
Indeed! I remember reading in Maynard Solomon's Beethoven that once, in the early 1790s, the young composer's fellow students went to a tavern with him and bribed a waitress to flirt with him as a joke. The joke ended when an irritated Beethoven punched her in the face.

Yes, four times. He immortalized them in the opening of his Fifth Symphony.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Drasko

Quote from: Papy Oli on May 01, 2011, 05:48:01 AM
going through Amazon bargains...  ;D

[asin]B00007MB8E[/asin]

I'd buy all three if I could find them for cheap, and I'm serious. Ridiculousness of the entire concept has so passed beyond being terrible that I find them utterly fascinating. The idea that someone actually came up with it with straight face, and that it got realized is amazing. Would love to have them. 

J.Z. Herrenberg

Just watched an episode of the British The Peter Serafinowicz Show.There is a spoof commercial there, for a CD called 'Sexual Classics', from the 'horniest composers', like Butthoven, Depussy, Shaftakovich, Vulvaldi and Tchaicocksky...

Coco

Brahmsian

here's another one :

[asin]B00002MXTG[/asin]

That one really cracked me up.  ;D

KevinP

Quote from: Il Barone Scarpia on May 01, 2011, 06:34:29 AM
Is there music on those CDs?  And what's with the parental advisory?   ???

No idea to either question, sorry.

Quote from: Drasko on May 01, 2011, 01:29:50 PM
I'd buy all three if I could find them for cheap, and I'm serious. Ridiculousness of the entire concept has so passed beyond being terrible that I find them utterly fascinating. The idea that someone actually came up with it with straight face, and that it got realized is amazing. Would love to have them.

Well put. I probably wouldn't buy them, but I agree with what you're saying.

[asin]B00002MXTG[/asin]

I don't know if I'd call that one 'bad,' though I certainly wouldn't call it good. It's clever and risk-taking enough that even though it ultimately doesn't work, it deserves a nod.

Luke

...and if it was OK for Man Ray

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Coco on May 01, 2011, 07:28:11 AM
My favorite of these was from someone here (can't remember who): "Fuckin'er to Bruckner"  ;D
I'm pretty sure that was Sarge...

DavidW

Quote from: Coco on May 01, 2011, 07:28:11 AM
My favorite of these was from someone here (can't remember who): "Fuckin'er to Bruckner"  ;D

Put on Celibidache and it becomes tantric. ;D

Valentino

;D

You're crackin' me up, folks.
We audiophiles don't really like music, but we sure love the sound it makes;
Audio-Technica | Bokrand | Thorens | Cambridge Audio | Logitech | Yamaha | Topping | MiniDSP | Hypex | ICEpower | Mundorf | SEAS | Beyma

Luke

Was searching for recordings by Alexis Weissenberg (honest) when I saw this. And thought of this thread, its last pages in particular, for obvious reasons. It contains Karajan, Stokowski and others, apparently. Dirty old men, clearly...

<<Image removed by Admin>>

Coco

Brian

mc ukrneal

This must be music when you are feeling crabby:
[asin]B005DTCKYC[/asin]
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Coco

TheGSMoeller

Roots? In your hair, Paavo? Because it's about to fall out. You suave motha-fu***.

AllegroVivace

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on August 29, 2011, 04:14:21 PM

Roots? In your hair, Paavo? Because it's about to fall out. You suave motha-fu***.

Can't stand this guy's pose either.... that vain look in his face.
Richard