Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: eyeresist on September 04, 2011, 09:32:57 PM

That may be the most puzzling cover I've ever seen. Not only is the picture nonsensical, but what the hell is a golden flute of life???  :D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Sandra

Quote from: Sergeant Rock
That may be the most puzzling cover I've ever seen. Not only is the picture nonsensical, but what the hell is a golden flute of life???  :D

Sarge

This doesn't even look like an authorized recording. Doesn't even say what company produced it. If you're gonna create a fake CD, at least make up some recording company name to make it look legit, right?  :D
"Pay no attention to what the critics say... Remember, a statue has never been set up in honor of a critic!" - J. Sibelius

Mirror Image

Quote from: eyeresist on September 04, 2011, 09:32:57 PM

I don't mind this one either. Not a bad cover at all. I like the drawings. It's at least tasteful and doesn't use sex as a selling point.

eyeresist

Quote from: ChamberNut on September 05, 2011, 07:31:32 AM
Still trying to figure out what 'Fat Albert' has to do with Strauss' Four Last Songs?   ???

I'm not sure, but I think the blog I took this from may have sometimes posted a made-up cover at the end of some of the entries. But I thought this one was too good not to include...

kishnevi

I have the Daniel Hope CD.  The cover ties in with the album's concept, and there's a follow up photo inside to make the relationship clearer.  In isolation, the photo may look nonsensical, but in context it's rather appropriate.

All of that Opera D'oro series has very strange cover art, and it seems to relate to the actual opera only by sheer chance. 

And Placido trying to look very spiritual has a frisson all its own.

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on September 05, 2011, 08:31:02 PM
And Placido trying to look very spiritual has a frisson all its own.

With the Pope watching in the background, I can't blame him.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Papy Oli

Olivier

Luke

Doing a little Kagel-searching on Amazon just now, found this:

High-serious repertoire on this disc includes Kagel, Tormis, Kokkonen, Penderecki, Schoenberg, Reger and others....

Opus106

And don't you give me any rubbish about "a tastefully done" photograph. ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

Sandra

Quote from: Opus106 on September 30, 2011, 06:52:40 AM

And don't you give me any rubbish about "a tastefully done" photograph. ;D

The picture is of course stupid. But the "comforting music" part disgusts me even more. So many undereducated people out there think of classical music as nothing but white noise.
"Pay no attention to what the critics say... Remember, a statue has never been set up in honor of a critic!" - J. Sibelius

mc ukrneal

There is just something very wrong with this one...
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Brahmsian

Quote from: Sandra on September 30, 2011, 12:26:21 PM
The picture is of course stupid. But the "comforting music" part disgusts me even more. So many undereducated people out there think of classical music as nothing but white noise.

Yes Sandra.  That really, really annoys me too.  I'll be talking to a stranger, or a new friend, and mention that I love classical music, and am very passionate about it.  They will respond with something like:  "Oh, I love classical music too.  I often have it in the background when I'm cooking in the kitchen, or when I need to relax or meditate."

People just do not understand that classical music encompasses everything in music.  Everything!  My ex-wife used to say:  "Well, I like classical music sometimes, but sometimes I just need something more energetic, with more beat and rhythm."   ::)

Sandra

Quote from: ChamberNut on September 30, 2011, 12:48:07 PM
My ex-wife used to say:  "Well, I like classical music sometimes, but sometimes I just need something more energetic, with more beat and rhythm."   ::)

Is that the reason why she's your EX-wife now?  ;D

Brahmsian

Lethevich

My ex-wife used to say:  "Well, I like classical music sometimes, but sometimes I just need something more energetic, with more beat and rhythm."   ::)

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- I have friends like that too. Just get a bloody metronome if you insist it be accompanied by a click-track >:D It's especially rotten because if it wasn't for this drum-tapping fetish pop has given people, several of those friends would probably really like the music. Everything in their pop tastes hit towards things that classical could do better.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Dancing Divertimentian

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Lethevich

Eek, he looks like he's wearing his girlfriend's clothes.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

snyprrr

71 dB

People just do not understand that classical music encompasses everything in music.  Everything!  My ex-wife used to say:  "Well, I like classical music sometimes, but sometimes I just need something more energetic, with more beat and rhythm."   ::)

Well, not perhaps everything but a lot nevertheless. While classical music can be extremely energetic, it only has certain ways to be that. tracks by The Prodigy (just one example) are energetic in ways I have never encountered with classical music.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"