Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

listener

The gentleman (?) at the piano is probably not Edith Farnaby (who is the pianist playing on the disc), nor is the lady (singer?) standing in front.     There is a cover credit for the candelabra, however.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

SonicMan46

Quote from: listener on October 09, 2012, 12:56:06 PM
The gentleman (?) at the piano is probably not Edith Farnaby (who is the pianist playing on the disc), nor is the lady (singer?) standing in front.     There is a cover credit for the candelabra, however.

Well, should be a 'guy' @ the piano staring at that buxom gal, but the one who comes to mind w/ a candelabra doesn't fit the role!  ;) ;D 

SonicMan46

Sorry - server issue w/ my post duplicated - UGHH!

listener

Quote from: SonicMan46 on October 09, 2012, 01:52:24 PM
Well, should be a 'guy' @ the piano staring at that buxom gal, but the one who comes to mind w/ a candelabra doesn't fit the role!  ;) ;D 
  A quite
... which is why I put the ?   A quite mystifying combination which I won't dwell on.  vide Hans Conreid's attire* in my avatar.
*from Dr. Seuss'  Dr.T
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Madiel

Quote from: listener on October 09, 2012, 12:56:06 PM

Is she at least Hungarian?
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

listener

Quote from: orfeo on October 10, 2012, 01:42:52 AM
Is she at least Hungarian?
Edith Farnadi   born in Budapest, started her studies at the age of seven at the Budapest Academy with Arnold Szekely, graduated at the age of seventeen, and became a professor there.   The cover babe is unidentified.    The candelabra is courtesy of Plummer Inc.
I don't have the other two discs of the set.

Madiel

I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

TheGSMoeller

Here's a good caption-filler cover...

"Guess what magic I hold in my hands?" -spoken in his Gandalf-voice impression

"My hands stink of onions."

Mirror Image

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on October 11, 2012, 08:23:24 AM

Hmmm...I thought his hands stunk of a new moisturizer that he purchased from a Mary Kay saleswoman? :-\

snyprrr

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on October 11, 2012, 08:23:24 AM

She kinda pretty, but needs to let her hair grow out. 8)

Brian

BIS makes some really beautiful covers, a few of the very best, which makes it all the weirder when they poop out something like this:

Heck, check out their new releases gallery and this sticks out like a fat kid in husky jeans at a black tie cocktail reception.

snyprrr

Quote from: Brian on November 01, 2012, 02:15:07 PM
BIS makes some really beautiful covers, a few of the very best, which makes it all the weirder when they poop out something like this:

Heck, check out their new releases gallery and this sticks out like a fat kid in husky jeans at a black tie cocktail reception.

Haha, all that's missing is a burning cigarette dangling from his fingers. ???

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Brian on November 01, 2012, 02:15:07 PM

I find the real creativity of this cover to be in the fading letters of "Pavane", suggesting that the viewer, perhaps similar to the cover's subject, will doze off during the performance.

Madiel

Asleep? Looks more like "dead".

As in Pavane for a dead prince(ss).

Dancing Divertimentian

Headless...torso-less...arms in limbo...I guess there's a dream there somewhere...

[asin]B00007L4R7[/asin]

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Scarpia

Quote from: orfeo on November 03, 2012, 04:29:59 PM
Asleep? Looks more like "dead".

Sequel to Weekend at Bernie's, Weekend at Maxim's, culminating in a performance of Cage 4'33.

TheGSMoeller

Opus106

I've been having a pain in my shoulder for some time now...

Regards,
Navneeth