Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kishnevi

Quote from: Scarpia on November 13, 2012, 06:22:12 AM
I like that one!

I agree with Scarpia.  It suggests to me a nice civilized 21st century start of the day--checking  email and Facebook and GMG while drinking the morning coffee and listening to good music.

TheGSMoeller

"Surprise! Guess who?!"

"You know who."

"I love column."

PaulSC

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on November 13, 2012, 08:22:27 AM
"Surprise! Guess who?!"
Or: "Are you tired of string sections that play with a vibrato this wide?"
Musik ist ein unerschöpfliches Meer. — Joseph Riepel

Corey

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on November 13, 2012, 06:58:26 AM
I agree with Scarpia.  It suggests to me a nice civilized 21st century start of the day--checking  email and Facebook and GMG while drinking the morning coffee and listening to good music.

The design is not horrible, but it looks like what it is: a stock photograph with a picture of C.P.E. Bach photoshopped onto the computer screen. I just think as a rule it's not a good idea to incorporate recent technology into a design for something that will be purchased several years from now. It dates.

Brian

Quote from: Corey on November 13, 2012, 12:18:31 PM
The design is not horrible, but it looks like what it is: a stock photograph with a picture of C.P.E. Bach photoshopped onto the computer screen. I just think as a rule it's not a good idea to incorporate recent technology into a design for something that will be purchased several years from now. It dates.

Guess what! Volume 2 is on the way and it replaces that oldfangled computer with an iPad.

Corey

Either that is a tiny iPad, or those earphones are massive!

Scarpia

Quote from: Corey on November 13, 2012, 12:18:31 PM

Exactly, that's why JSB didn't put a picture of a Harpsichord on the cover of the clavierubung. 

Corey

Quote from: Scarpia on November 13, 2012, 12:48:11 PM
Exactly, that's why JSB didn't put a picture of a Harpsichord on the cover of the clavierubung.

There's a difference in that people are still using and restoring harpsichords, while computers made only 10 years ago (or less!) are lying in a scrap heap.

Scarpia

Quote from: Corey on November 13, 2012, 04:50:59 PM
There's a difference in that people are still using and restoring harpsichords, while computers made only 10 years ago (or less!) are lying in a scrap heap.

Maybe in 300 years historically informed gamers will be restoring IBM XT's to play Super Mario Brothers.

PaulSC

Quote from: Scarpia on November 13, 2012, 05:06:12 PM
Maybe in 300 years historically informed gamers will be restoring IBM XT's to play Super Mario Brothers.
The period computer movement has already begun!
Musik ist ein unerschöpfliches Meer. — Joseph Riepel

TheGSMoeller

I loves me some Norrington, but the man looks more like a wacky comedian in most of his covers rather than a conductor.

Mirror Image

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on November 13, 2012, 05:44:12 PM

I loves me some Norrington, but the man looks more like a wacky comedian in most of his covers rather than a conductor.

Thanks for tuning in ladies and gentlemen to the Laugh Hour starring Roger Norrington and this man:

Corey

Quote from: Scarpia on November 13, 2012, 05:06:12 PM

Stop presenting counter-examples and just admit I'm right!!

;D

Dancing Divertimentian

Happy times at the undertakers convention...

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: sanantonio on November 15, 2012, 01:56:39 PM
That is a really good recording - maybe my favorite recording of the Bartok sonata for two pianos and percussion. 

I believe you that the recording is good...the cover design however........

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on September 19, 2012, 06:58:36 AM
Here you go:

<<Image removed by Admin>>

Sarge
This is great. As much as I like the one on the left, I'd probably choose the one on the right if given the choice.
Probably because she reminds me of Mikuru:

Speaking of Jewfros on p.57...

snyprrr

Quote from: sanantonio on November 15, 2012, 01:56:39 PM
That is a really good recording - maybe my favorite recording of the Bartok sonata for two pianos and percussion.

I really wish for a Kontarsky DG Box, no? :P

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

TheGSMoeller

TheGSMoeller