Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Quote from: karlhenning on December 05, 2012, 05:50:55 AM
Exactly. The cover of the debut album for a group you almost have to be a rock music nerd to have heard anything about: Blind Faith.

I reckon it should be a very sought after memorabilia amongst rock music pedophiles audiophiles...  ;D ;D ;D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

springrite

Exactly. The cover of the debut album for a group you almost have to be a rock music nerd to have heard anything about: Blind Faith.

You have to be blind or have incredible faith to love that picture. Thus the cover is appropriate.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

snyprrr

Quote from: Florestan on December 05, 2012, 05:55:56 AM
I reckon it should be a very sought after memorabilia amongst rock music pedophiles audiophiles...  ;D ;D ;D

Some might have been, say, 11 when that came out? hmmm? ;)

no? I'm just sayin' ::),...

snyprrr

Quote from: Florestan on December 05, 2012, 05:55:56 AM

Some might have been, say, 11 when that came out? hmmm? ;)

no? I'm just sayin' ::),...

snyprrr

Wow! A rare double Post!! OOoooOOOO,... it's like a double rainbow. :'(... so... :'(beautiful...

Karl Henning

Quote from: snyprrr on December 05, 2012, 06:04:36 AM
Wow! A rare double Post!! OOoooOOOO,... it's like a double rainbow. :'(... so... :'(beautiful...

Could be worth something someday.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Szykneij

... which is amazing for a band made up of two-thirds of Cream (Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker) and Steve Windwood.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Rinaldo

Sergeant Rock

A rock music nerd...or, simply of a certain age  ;)  Actually, Blind Faith was HUGE in its brief life (about a year in existence, 1968-69). Their only album went to Number 1 in both the UK and US; sold over half a million copies in its first month. But the egos involved couldn't sustain the band.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Sammy

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on December 08, 2012, 08:39:00 AM
A rock music nerd...or, simply of a certain age  ;)  Actually, Blind Faith was HUGE in its brief life (about a year in existence, 1968-69). Their only album went to Number 1 in both the UK and US; sold over half a million copies in its first month. But the egos involved couldn't sustain the band.

Sarge

I also remember Blind Faith as being huge.  However, I asked my wife if she remembered the group; she said no though we were living together  even back then.  So Karl might be correct on this one.

TheGSMoeller

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on December 08, 2012, 08:39:00 AM

Sarge

Quote from: Sammy on December 08, 2012, 09:11:14 AM
I also remember Blind Faith as being huge.  However, I asked my wife if she remembered the group; she said no though we were living together  even back then.  So Karl might be correct on this one.

FWIW (just one chap's perspective), I don't think I should have known of them, if I hadn't read of them in (something much like) The Rolling Stone Guide to Rock Music & Musicians back in the late '70s . . . .

(The big upside from that book, whatever its actual title and provenance, is that reading the respective articles on King Crimson and the Bonzo Dog Band revolutionized my listening experience.)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

The new erato

Quote from: karlhenning on December 10, 2012, 05:05:54 AM
FWIW (just one chap's perspective), I don't think I should have known of them, if I hadn't read of them in (something much like) The Rolling Stone Guide to Rock Music & Musicians back in the late '70s . . . .

(The big upside from that book, whatever its actual title and provenance, is that reading the respective articles on King Crimson and the Bonzo Dog Band revolutionized my listening experience.)

Believe my they were BIG. They included Rich Gretch from one of my favorite bands at the time, Family. Why don't anyone mention him?

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: The new erato on December 10, 2012, 05:27:11 AM
Believe my they were BIG. They included Rich Gretch from one of my favorite bands at the time, Family. Why don't anyone mention him?

I did...in the non-classical listening thread.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Karl Henning

I'm sure they were big, but not Abba big, no way ; )
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

The new erato

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on December 10, 2012, 05:49:37 AM
I did...in the non-classical listening thread.

Sarge
I noticed - should have said "nobody except the bazooka slinger".

Brahmsian

Ahh!!!  :o

[asin]B009KY0VQK[/asin]

*Shudders!*

Gold Knight

How about this one from Trane; the music is great, but its cover: YIKES! :o
Coltrane's Sound

Florestan

Quote from: Gold Knight on December 11, 2012, 01:15:39 PM
How about this one from Trane; the music is great, but its cover: YIKES! :o
Coltrane's Sound

A candidate for the ugliest ever indeed.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy