Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dancing Divertimentian

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

snyprrr

TheGSMoeller

Bloomin Onion made a recording.

Szykneij

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Szykneij

"The photographs of Bartoli commissioned to accompany "Sacrificium" are as striking as the music on the CD. Playing with the theme of gender confusion inherent in the topic, the photographer Uli Weber placed Bartoli's head, her face whitened with makeup, atop various marble statues of men."

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

TheGSMoeller

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: snyprrr on March 05, 2013, 07:57:32 AM
Our Thread's much better!! ;)

This is most certainly, STILL, one of the Top3 most startling Classical CD Covers. Can someone 'open' it?:

http://www.amazon.com/Rameau-Suites-Platée-Dardanus-McGegan/dp/B000006O5V/ref=sr_1_7?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1362502589&sr=1-7&keywords=rameau+opera

It's a great disc! And the cover is the main character from the opera, Platée.

Still frightening, yes. But not as egnimatic as the celestial deer peeing on a naked women.  :)

Opus106

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on March 05, 2013, 08:17:18 AM
Still frightening, yes. But not as egnimatic as the celestial deer peeing on a naked women.  :)

Peeing from an eye. On a naked pregnant woman.

These little details matter, dear Sock Monkey. ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Opus106 on March 05, 2013, 08:55:27 AM

I know, I was short on time. Thought I at least hit the important details.  :D

snyprrr

Quote from: Opus106 on March 05, 2013, 08:55:27 AM

:laugh: :'( :laugh: :'( :laugh: :'( :laugh: :'(

TheGSMoeller

Courtesy of Awkward Classical Music Photos
More photos than cover art, but definitely worth a look or three.

Sammy

Doesn't get any worse than this:

[asin]B00A0IOIYQ[/asin]

MishaK

Quote from: listener on January 28, 2013, 11:32:53 PM
I'll double post this

Gov. Blagojevich made a disc?

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on February 22, 2013, 06:52:55 PM

Bloomin Onion made a recording.

This actually was a fad for a while among German orchestras to take group pictures from the pooping pigeon perspective. Aachen is just about 7 years late in catching on.

Rinaldo

Quote from: Sammy on March 13, 2013, 09:09:08 AM
Doesn't get any worse than this:

[asin]B00A0IOIYQ[/asin]

What's wrong with that? This might actually be the first cover featuring Dudamel that I sort of like!

Brian

Quote from: Rinaldo on March 13, 2013, 09:19:48 AM
What's wrong with that? This might actually be the first cover featuring Dudamel that I sort of like!
"Fiesta" has a perfectly good cover.

Sammy

It's a fine cover if you like to watch people puke. :)

Mirror Image

How about a thread for cool looking covers? Why all the negativity with bad covers? We know they're in abundance when classical music is concerned.

Rinaldo

Quote from: Mirror Image on March 13, 2013, 06:12:57 PM
How about a thread for cool looking covers? Why all the negativity with bad covers? We know they're in abundance when classical music is concerned.

Perhaps this one?

kishnevi

speaking as someone who actually has the recording--it's a very nice effect of photograph combined with water color or ink wash.  The water color effect is carried through on the interior labeling.   The colors are rather mellow--nothing harsh about them.

BTW, I've posted about this CD when I first played it:  it's a very good recording,  definitely Dudamel's best Mahler, and one of his best overall, and a very good recording of M9 from any conductor.  If you don't like the cover, download it and print out your own CD cover.