Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Some serious attitude on the violin and cello players here.

snyprrr

Quote from: Brian on March 14, 2013, 06:36:22 AM

Go ahead, just tryyyy to knock my sun glasses off!

TheGSMoeller

:'(
Quote from: snyprrr on March 14, 2013, 06:38:45 AM

Must be one or those Antonio Banderas type cello cases.

Papy Oli

Olivier

TheGSMoeller

This would fit my description of an over-produced cover.

kishnevi

Quote from: Brian on March 14, 2013, 06:36:22 AM

It would have probably helped if they had stood in front of a real building, and not a photograph of one.

Rinaldo

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on March 14, 2013, 08:53:50 PM

It would have probably helped if they had stood in front of a real building, and not a photograph of one.

I don't think this cover can be helped at all.

Cool timing, though - I was going past this building about half an hour ago.

Madiel

Quote from: snyprrr on March 14, 2013, 06:38:45 AM

You mean, "hey sexy young lady, come backstage after the show and try to knock my sun glasses off".
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Madiel

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on March 14, 2013, 06:35:30 PM

Frankly I was more disturbed by the title, because it took a while to realise it said "lips".  It looked like "tips".  The girl with orange tips would rank as a pretty bizarre title.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Florestan

Quote from: orfeo on March 15, 2013, 07:08:20 AM
Frankly I was more disturbed by the title,

This question might belong more to Cato's Grammar Grumble than here, but here it is nevertheless: why are you, guys, that disturbed by anything? I mean, one can be disturbed by a sudden unpleasant noise when reading in the quiet late at night, or by the entrance of the chamber maid when making love to a gorgeosu babe in a hotel room --- but being disturbed by a title, or CD cover? What am I missing?
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

kishnevi

Quote from: Florestan on March 15, 2013, 07:38:55 AM
This question might belong more to Cato's Grammar Grumble than here, but here it is nevertheless: why are you, guys, that disturbed by anything? I mean, one can be disturbed by a sudden unpleasant noise when reading in the quiet late at night, or by the entrance of the chamber maid when making love to a gorgeosu babe in a hotel room --- but being disturbed by a title, or CD cover? What am I missing?

Perhaps it's just a question of usage.  At any rate, Webster's lists "breaking or destroying tranquility or composure" as one of the meanings of "disturb", even though the sense of interrupting something is the word's primary meaning.

Florestan

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on March 15, 2013, 08:08:20 AM
Perhaps it's just a question of usage.  At any rate, Webster's lists "breaking or destroying tranquility or composure" as one of the meanings of "disturb"

Even so, I can't imagine anyone losing their sleep because of a CD cover, or a CD title.  ;D

Rinaldo

Quote from: Florestan on March 15, 2013, 08:24:04 AM
Even so, I can't imagine anyone losing their sleep because of a CD cover, or a CD title.  ;D

Oh, I can. I very much can.

Gurn Blanston

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Florestan

Quote from: Rinaldo on March 15, 2013, 09:01:57 AM

Ooops, I forgot to qualify: I can't imagine any sane person etc.  ;D

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Rinaldo on March 15, 2013, 09:01:57 AM

Thank goodness that she's covering up her knee caps.

Sammy

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on March 14, 2013, 06:35:30 PM

Now that's a cover I've always liked a lot - tranquil and mysterious at the same time.

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Sammy on March 15, 2013, 12:37:18 PM
Now that's a cover I've always liked a lot - tranquil and mysterious at the same time.

Quote from: sanantonio on March 15, 2013, 12:45:10 PM
I have no problem with the cover.

Internet bullying!   :o

Madiel

Quote from: sanantonio on March 15, 2013, 12:45:10 PM
Not only that, but it is a very good recital recording; wonderfully paced and collecting some great songs from a nice variety of composers.

Indeed, thanks to this thread and then seeing the tracklisting/reading reviews on Amazon, I'm quite interested!