Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longears

And now for some really bad cover art:

Kullervo

Quote from: longears on September 08, 2007, 03:31:56 PM
And now for some really bad cover art:

Cover art by Travis Anderson, grade 10. "I finished my Algebra exam early and drew this."

Looks like they took this with a webcam.

Saul

Quote from: 71 dB on April 13, 2007, 12:43:42 PM
Covers like these are just plain awful!

Hehe... these two really look weird...

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Kullervo

This looks like a High School vanity shot.

They actually hired someone to do this?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned DG's "The Originals" series, where they take the original cover art and put it all askew and add a stupid-looking shadow effect for no apparent reason, like this:

I found this one on a blog, but I had to share it here.

Here's MTT in a thoughtful moment, but I think he's thinking more about his Gucci sweater than Mahler.

Saul

Quote from: Corey on September 09, 2007, 11:39:20 AM
For once, we agree on something. :)

Yes.... to let you know that complex probabilities can turn into simple dispositions with erosive randomness and oddity...

::)

Keemun

Either Martin Frost is fleeing a burning building, or he is about to use his clarinet as a weapon.

And to borrow one from another thread.....

Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

MishaK

Quote from: Corey on September 09, 2007, 03:44:54 PM

I actually don't mind that one at all. Reminds me a little of Kentridge. It's also a very good recording.

Renfield

Quote from: Keemun on September 10, 2007, 08:56:40 AM
Either Martin Frost is fleeing a burning building, or he is about to use his clarinet as a weapon.

One of the reasons I like this album cover is exactly that! He's not intending to simply play with it: he brings his clarinet to bear. 8)

(Though of course, I am something of a nut with things sword-related, and this does qualify, doesn't it? ;))

head-case

I'm surprised no one has mentioned DG's "The Originals" series, where they take the original cover art and put it all askew and add a stupid-looking shadow effect for no apparent reason, like this:
I think the original's series is an example of excellent graphic design.  It gives the series a very recognizable style while still including and emphasizing the original cover art.  Brilliant, I would say.

Maciek

This looks like a High School vanity shot.

Maybe it is one? ;D

I'll second O Mensch here - that's one I actually like very much (I mean both recording and cover).

MISHUGINA

QuoteI found this one on a blog, but I had to share it here.

ROFL, and I thought that was a photoshop prank!

QuoteHere's MTT in a thoughtful moment, but I think he's thinking more about his Gucci sweater than Mahler.

Is it me, or I think he looked like Micheal Jackson?  :o

[/quote]

longears

маразм1

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Bogey

Only after 5 minutes of searching around a bit:

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

MishaK

Quote from: Bogey on September 11, 2007, 07:12:33 PM

This reminds me of some of the puppets of neolithic people they have in dioramas at natural history museums.