Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

KevinP

Quote from: Bogey on September 11, 2007, 06:59:07 PM
These lads should know better:

I was going to say, 'Everybody's allowed to use the "Hey, it was the 80s" card once,' but then, I think they'd better save that card for music *on* that disc.

Hector

Quote from: Saul on September 09, 2007, 05:24:52 AM

Actually, I quite like these, particularly the painting of the cricket match. Very appropriate. ;D

KevinP

This won't win the 'worst cover ever' award, but I so want to see thunderbolts coming out of his hands.

Lethevich

Quote from: KevinP on September 12, 2007, 04:19:49 AM
This won't win the 'worst cover ever' award, but I so want to see thunderbolts coming out of his hands.

:D Reminds me of this one, which I found hilarious when I first saw it:

"I HAVE THE POWER!!!! YEAAHH!!!!!!"
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

KevinP

sound67

"Vivaldi didn't compose 500 concertos. He composed the same concerto 500 times" - Igor Stravinsky

"Mozart is a menace to musical progress, a relic of rituals that were losing relevance in his own time and are meaningless to ours." - Norman Lebrecht

sound67

For an all-gay classical album ...  :-\

And this all-time classic:

"Vivaldi didn't compose 500 concertos. He composed the same concerto 500 times" - Igor Stravinsky

"Mozart is a menace to musical progress, a relic of rituals that were losing relevance in his own time and are meaningless to ours." - Norman Lebrecht

Lethevich

Quote from: sound67 on September 12, 2007, 04:49:39 AM

Wow... it makes me want to hang it on my wall and salute it every morning :P :P :P

Hector

Quote from: sound67 on September 12, 2007, 04:49:39 AM

Enlighten me: why is it the Worst looking CD/LP artwork?

Is it because it is the 'Stars and Stripes' or it has the St. Louis Symphony on the cover or is conducted by Leonard Slatkin?

Is it because you'se is Anti-American?

Hector

Quote from: sound67 on September 12, 2007, 04:54:59 AM

For an all-gay classical album ...  :-\

It seems to me that if you wanted to attract gays to your disc you would signal that intention  by putting a 'hunk' on the cover.

Are you homophobic? :(

Lethevich

I'm just annoyed that they didn't bother to make the title look like a tattoo on his arm, that would be badass :P

Kullervo

Quote from: head-case on September 10, 2007, 11:08:02 AM
I think the original's series is an example of excellent graphic design.  It gives the series a very recognizable style while still including and emphasizing the original cover art.  Brilliant, I would say.

You're kidding, right?

Kullervo

Quote from: Hector on September 12, 2007, 06:30:54 AM
It seems to me that if you wanted to attract gays to your disc you would signal that intention  by putting a 'hunk' on the cover.

Are you homophobic? :(

Please, anyone with taste would find that cover repulsive.

George

Quote from: Corey on September 12, 2007, 06:55:14 AM
You're kidding, right?

I actually agree with him, but then, I'm a head case myself.  ;)

Kullervo

Quote from: George on September 12, 2007, 06:56:39 AM
I actually agree with him, but then, I'm a head case myself.  ;)

It probably wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't for the shadow effect. Graphics aside, I generally trust those recordings and they are hard to beat, price-wise.

George

Quote from: Corey on September 12, 2007, 06:57:55 AM
It probably wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't for the shadow effect. Graphics aside, I generally trust those recordings and they are hard to beat, price-wise.

They are, and they actually usually fill the CD, unlike the newer Decca and Philips Originals, which I have seen at 40 minutes and UNDER!!  :-\ ??? :-[ >:( :'(

sound67

Quote from: Lethe on September 12, 2007, 05:09:16 AM
Wow... it makes me want to hang it on my wall and salute it every morning :P :P :P

Exactly.  ::)

Also, the cover doesn't identify ANY of the works on this disc, as if they didn't matter (well, probably they don't). Same goes for the "gay" disc.

Edited my moderator for offensive personal remark.

Hector

Quote from: Corey on September 12, 2007, 06:56:10 AM
Please, anyone with taste would find that cover repulsive.

Really, I would have thought that any homophobe would find the cover not only tasteless but offensive.

Do you find it offensive?

Quentin Crisp used to say that many homophobes were such because they felt guilt about their latent homosexuality.

Incidentally, not that it interests you, John Hurt has been signed up to play the Stately Homo of England, again, in a film of Crisp's life in NY.