Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinP

The cover is only slightly more disturbing than the fact that it's an album of piano/tuba duets.

Is this classical music? Is there actual literature for this or these arrangements?

Kullervo

Yet another awful Scriabin cover.

Renfield

Quote from: Bonehelm on October 10, 2007, 03:50:49 PM
...........................WHAT THE SHIT??

For once, I will fully agree, even in the phrasing. Whoever came up with this cover would surely give a Freudian psychoanalyst hours and hours of pleasure. >:D

Wendell_E

In a recent interview (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071005/music_nm/classical_dc;_ylt=Ag2b4LfZls3alc9mLT_UTDOXExkF), Canadian soprano says "In pop music, great presentation sometimes camouflages inferior product. But we in classical music have the greatest product in the world. But as we all well know, there are so many truly crappy classical music album covers out there. Why? People see you before they hear you, so why wouldn't you try not to start out with a deficit?"

And yet:

Here's the cover of her new Schoenberg/Satie/Bolcolm disc:

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

Kullervo

Quote from: Wendell_E on October 11, 2007, 05:42:51 AM
In a recent interview (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071005/music_nm/classical_dc;_ylt=Ag2b4LfZls3alc9mLT_UTDOXExkF), Canadian soprano says "In pop music, great presentation sometimes camouflages inferior product. But we in classical music have the greatest product in the world. But as we all well know, there are so many truly crappy classical music album covers out there. Why? People see you before they hear you, so why wouldn't you try not to start out with a deficit?"

And yet:

Here's the cover of her new Schoenberg/Satie/Bolcolm disc:

HAHAHAHA!!!

That cover suggests to me a sort of Corrin Bailey Ray classical crossover, with all the horrible things that would imply.  :o

Lethevich

To be fair, even the cheapest pop album cover wouldn't be seen dead with curtains in that shade...
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Wendell_E

Someone at my forum commented:  "one good sneeze, and one of her "girls" is going to make a big impression in the music world. But where is the other one? I don't care for photos that make a person look deformed."
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

orbital

I was just listening to this:

I am not sure if this is a cool cover or if they blew it (I generally like the cover for these series a lot, the Bartok 2 CD in particular)

71 dB

Quote from: orbital on October 18, 2007, 07:40:47 AM
I was just listening to this:

I am not sure if this is a cool cover or if they blew it (I generally like the cover for these series a lot, the Bartok 2 CD in particular)

Absolutely horrible cover "art".  :-X I was interested of de Larrocha's playing but I can't buy a CD that ugly. I can't.  :-[
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

George

Quote from: 71 dB on October 18, 2007, 08:45:12 AM
Absolutely horrible cover "art".  :-X I was interested of de Larrocha's playing but I can't buy a CD that ugly. I can't.  :-[

Easy, just get the double Decca release instead:

orbital

Quote from: George on October 18, 2007, 08:48:48 AM

That is a beautiful CD, cover and otherwise. But the RCA is Granados only. I think there is another version with a painting of a young girl as well. Let me find it

71 dB

Quote from: George on October 18, 2007, 08:48:48 AM

That's in my long wishlist.  ;)
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

KevinP

Now I think they're just trying to get on this thread.