Keeping track of what you like?

Started by Linus, January 19, 2015, 01:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJ Joe

Quote from: Wanderer on February 03, 2015, 11:09:36 PM
I've never had a problem keeping track of what I like. Keeping track of what I own is what's become difficult.

Absolutely.  For the latter, I frequently keep notes of purchases made over a certain time period, especially when I go on a binge.
"Music can inspire love, religious ecstasy, cathartic release, social bonding, and a glimpse of another dimension. A sense that there is another time, another space and another, better universe."
-David Byrne

(poco) Sforzando

Quote from: EigenUser on February 04, 2015, 03:32:08 AM
Yeah, me too. There is this theme that I call the "Spring" theme in the first movement of M1 (played by violins -- happens twice -- could say it is the "loudest/liveliest" part of the movement) which reminds me of the first movement of B6, but that's about it.

Can you supply measure or page numbers from the scores?
"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."

EigenUser

Quote from: (poco) Sforzando on June 30, 2015, 04:56:46 AM
Can you supply measure or page numbers from the scores?
Argh, my score doesn't have measure numbers! I hate it when they do that... It happens is 5 bars after rehearsal number 9 (played by flutes, oboes, and clarinets). At rehearsal number 10 violins join. Pages 14-15, though that probably varies by publisher (I have a Kalmus conductor's score). It happens again at the end of the movement.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. It sounds like everything blooming.
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Hiker

I use nothing more complicated than Spotify playlists saved in Spotify folders named after composers. Not sure what I will do if I leave Spotify...