The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Krzysztof Penderecki (b. 1933)

<< < (3/139) > >>

greg:

--- Quote from: Cato on April 13, 2007, 08:16:42 AM ---What is really annoying is that no company has yet issued Symphony #8.

Interested people will want to see this site:

http://www.penderecki.de/cds/instrumentalmusik/orchester/index.html

--- End quote ---
i know, he wrote that awhile ago- they need to get onto it!
and i think by now he should've finished the St.John Passion, though i don't know if it's been performed yet.

--- Quote ---Well, I really had just one TV interview that I once saw in mind. He seemed more than slightly vain there but maybe it was a bad day or something...
--- End quote ---

are you talking about that interview he did on Korean TV that someone made a thread about? (or was it you?  ;D )

Maciek:
Nope. It was on Polish TV, years ago (well, 10 years let's say ;D). He seemed pleasant enough but there was that "I'm a GREAT composer air, listen to all the sagacious pronouncements I make!" air ;).

greg:

--- Quote from: MrOsa on April 15, 2007, 12:10:38 PM ---Nope. It was on Polish TV, years ago (well, 10 years let's say ;D). He seemed pleasant enough but there was that "I'm a GREAT composer air, listen to all the sagacious pronouncements I make!" air ;).

--- End quote ---
hehe
actually, not long after you posted, I remembered that it was Kevin who made the thread of him being on Korean TV (after all, he does live in Korea)

springrite:
I do NOT like his late stuffs at all. While I do have a lot of his music in my collection, the ones that I really love are:

St. Luke's Passion
Cello Concerto #1
Quartet(s?)

Part of Symphony #2 is very good, but I do not love it overall.

MDL:
I've found this picture of a recording of Utrenja conducted by Penderecki on Koch, but I can find no other information about it. Has anybody got, or even just seen, this CD? The Koch website is fairly useless, and there's nothing on Amazon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version