Mysterious Mouchy

Started by AKILEGO, March 19, 2015, 12:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKILEGO

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I have this cd "Le clavecin a la fin de l'ancient regime" on Pierre Verany PV 789094, very ably performed on the harpsichord by Jean Patrice Brosse, and featuring a certain "F.D. Mouchy". I can't find any info on this composer. Any help out there? Thanks in advance.

listener

I can get you to a fac-simile of the score at http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b9057819q
dated 1794
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: AKILEGO on March 19, 2015, 12:53:41 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I have this cd "Le clavecin a la fin de l'ancient regime" on Pierre Verany PV 789094, very ably performed on the harpsichord by Jean Patrice Brosse, and featuring a certain "F.D. Mouchy". I can't find any info on this composer. Any help out there? Thanks in advance.

Apparently The New Grove hasn't heard of him either, which means he is indeed obscure! In Googling the name, I ran across a mention of 'Mouchy' being the family name of a branch of the Noailles family. Having spent much time researching such things (albeit in Austria rather than France), I would not be in the least surprised to be told this person, F.D., was an amateur musician member of that family.

I suspect your disc is a companion to this one, one of my favorites:

Welcome, anyway, sorry I couldn't be of more help. :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)