Best-looking CD artwork.

Started by vandermolen, April 16, 2015, 07:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

We have a worst looking CD cover thread and I was thinking about one that includes art work, designs, photos etc which you like very much, especially if you think that it is an appropriate choice for the music. Here is one for starters:
[asin]B0007GP69W[/asin]
The painting here is 'Why Seek Ye the Living Among the Dead' (1905) by Howard Pyle (1853-1911).
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

springrite

I love the old SUPRAPHON series of music of Josef Suk.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

North Star

There is at least one of these threads already
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

vandermolen

Quote from: North Star link= topic=24187.msg884701#msg884701 date=1429200603

Oh, sorry about that.  ::)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

North Star

Quote from: vandermolen on April 16, 2015, 01:02:01 PM
Oh, sorry about that.  ::)
No need to apologize, even sarcastically. :)
I wish I remembered the thread title.

But here's one I like

[asin]B003TT733G[/asin]
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Jo498

Quote from: North Star on April 16, 2015, 01:35:21 PM

But here's one I like

[asin]B003TT733G[/asin]
looks kind of empty to me...
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: North Star on April 16, 2015, 08:10:03 AM

It's here on the General Discussion board, although it might be a better fit - and get more action - here in the Diner.

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

vandermolen

Quote from: North Star on April 16, 2015, 01:35:21 PM

But here's one I like

[asin]B003TT733G[/asin]

Not intended sarcastically.  :)

Peter Power Pop

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on February 04, 2023, 10:31:07 PM

Did you purposefully revive a thread that has been idle for 8 years when an essentially identical thread was active earlier today? :)

https://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,29811.0.html
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Jo498

I have that Delos disc. Was that a common style with the label earlier? Other Delos covers I remember (but I don't have many of their discs) are fairly conventional/boring, IIRC.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Spotted Horses on February 04, 2023, 11:32:20 PMDid you purposefully revive a thread that has been idle for 8 years when an essentially identical thread was active earlier today? :)

https://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,29811.0.html

Not at all. I searched for "Best looking artwork" and this thread was one of the first responses.

Now I'll go over to the other thread and put the album cover there too. Onward and upward!