What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irons

Quote from: drogulus on November 03, 2019, 05:49:54 AM
     Have you watched Le Bureau des Légendes? It's one of the best spy series ever. I just found out there will be a 5th season.

No. It looks most interesting but only available on Amazon I think. Doing my impression of King Canute of avoiding all things Amazon far as possible.

The first series of 'The Returned" is gripping but the second disappointing.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

drogulus

I watched the first part of the BBC series The War Of The Worlds. It's not bad, it's more like it's almost good.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

drogulus

I'm back in Sweden with Johan Falk.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Todd

Here's a surreal show: David Rubenstein, one of the founders of The Carlyle Group, interviewing various personages.  PBS started airing it, and the first show included a dual interview with Bill Clinton and George W Bush.  Neat.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Ken B

The Devil Next Door
The trials of John Demjanjuk. The last, German, trial gets scant treatment but it's an interesting series.

George

milk

Quote from: Ken B on November 10, 2019, 11:37:22 AM
The Devil Next Door
The trials of John Demjanjuk. The last, German, trial gets scant treatment but it's an interesting series.
Pretty interesting. Could have been cut down a bit but we enjoyed it on the whole.

Ken B

Quote from: milk on November 10, 2019, 01:42:42 PM

Pretty interesting. Could have been cut down a bit but we enjoyed it on the whole.

Yeah. But on the other hand I wanted to see a bit more of Demjanjuk. Hard to know what is selective editing, but so much of his demeanor reminded me of Ernst Zundel in his trial in Canada, a knowing and taunting smirk. FWIW I agree with the reasonable doubt about Treblinka, but am pretty sure he was at Sobibor and Trawniki.

j winter

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

vandermolen

I've been watching the Anglo/Polish series 'World on Fire' based on events in 1939/40 in Poland, Britain and France. Quite harrowing but very well acted. I didn't realise that there is another series coming. I shall probably watch 'The War of the Worlds' starting here next week.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Irons

Enjoying the Scottish BBC production of "Guilt" which concerns two brothers who kill an old man in a car accident when returning from a night out on the tiles. They attempt numerous ways to cover up their crime with disastrous results. I was half way through the first episode before it began to dawn on me that "Guilt" is a (very) black comedy. 
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

André

Quote from: Irons on November 12, 2019, 11:49:13 PM

Enjoying the Scottish BBC production of "Guilt" which concerns two brothers who kill an old man in a car accident when returning from a night out on the tiles. They attempt numerous ways to cover up their crime with disastrous results. I was half way through the first episode before it began to dawn on me that "Guilt" is a (very) black comedy.

Thanks for that. I'll see if I can get this here. Mark Bonnar is an excellent actor.

Papy Oli

Quote from: Irons on November 12, 2019, 11:49:13 PM

You can say that again, Lol.
Only one episode in and some bits had me howling with laughter. Mark Bonnar's faces of disbelief are absolutely priceless. Need to urgently catch up.
Olivier

Irons

Quote from: Papy Oli on November 13, 2019, 07:55:42 AM
You can say that again, Lol.
Only one episode in and some bits had me howling with laughter. Mark Bonnar's faces of disbelief are absolutely priceless. Need to urgently catch up.

It gets better, Oliver. Wait till you come to the old dear who lives opposite! Boy, is she scary!!

I'm saving this week's episode for Sunday evening, but could not resist reading a review in my paper. Apparently it gets very dark indeed.

SimonNZ

George

Guilt (thanks to this thread)

and now

King Of Queens

drogulus

Olivia Coleman and Tobias Menzies take over the lead roles on The Crown, which is good and good.

drogulus

I'm on the Red (2nd) season of Forbrydelsen.

Todd

Quote from: André on November 13, 2019, 07:33:57 AMMark Bonnar is an excellent actor.

Indeed.  I may have to watch now that I know he's in it.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya