What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

André

Bonnar also plays in the series Shetland and he is excellent. So far, Shetland is still my favourite TV series.

Irons

Quote from: vandermolen on April 16, 2020, 12:52:23 AM
Episode 1 was more or less setting the scene so I'm sure you'll enjoy episode 2 (the programme) and episode 3 (the aftermath) even more Lol. Don't know about Jasper Carrot but I agree about Mark Bonnar's performance. I was only aware of him in another excellent drama 'Summer of Rockets' which I enjoyed very much indeed.

Double bubble planned for Saturday evening, Jeffrey. Where on earth did I get the Jasper Carrot connection from! ???

Edit: Started to worry I was losing it! https://www.standard.co.uk/business/jasper-carrott-wins-who-wants-to-be-an-even-bigger-millionaire-6489560.html
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

vandermolen

Quote from: Irons on April 16, 2020, 07:27:33 AM
Double bubble planned for Saturday evening, Jeffrey. Where on earth did I get the Jasper Carrot connection from! ???
You'll enjoy it Lol. The Major and his wife and the TV adaptation featured in a number of the papers today. A good review in the Times and an article about a new appeal in the Guardian today.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

drogulus

I ordered Shackleton, the 1983 series DVDs from Amazon UK.  I watched it back then and remember it fondly. I don't recall watching the Branagh film.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

SimonNZ

Its been a while but I remember the Branagh one being very good.

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

SimonNZ

Binge-watching the 2019 season of Britain's University Challenge

Irons

Quote from: SimonNZ on April 17, 2020, 11:00:33 PM
Binge-watching the 2019 season of Britain's University Challenge

When you get to 2020 watch out for Brandon from US. A cocky so and so and unable to sit still but his knowledge of everything is unreal. How can someone in their 20's know so much?
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

George

vandermolen

Quote from: Irons on April 18, 2020, 06:40:24 AM
When you get to 2020 watch out for Brandon from US. A cocky so and so and unable to sit still but his knowledge of everything is unreal. How can someone in their 20's know so much?

Yes, he featured in one of the newspaper as well. I agree with your comments about him.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

Irons

Quote from: vandermolen on April 18, 2020, 10:45:51 PM
Yes, he featured in one of the newspaper as well. I agree with your comments about him.

I am looking forward to the Wang v Brandon battle tomorrow evening, Jeffrey. My money is on Brandon.

Strange that both a font of knowledge have odd facial expressions and can't sit still! 

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: George on April 18, 2020, 07:08:11 PM
Superstore and The Bob Newhart Show
I loved The Bob Newhart Show!  He's such a wonderful comedian.  If anyone needs a good laugh...try watching this skit:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaUYQZR-y7I

Best,

PD

I stumbled across Belgravia yesterday.  Am catching up via my cable company's On Demand.  It's based on the book by Julian Fellowes (think Downtown Abbey).  It starts off just before the Battle of Waterloo.  Enjoyable!   :)
Pohjolas Daughter

George

SimonNZ

Quote from: Irons on April 18, 2020, 06:40:24 AM

Heh. Seen him a couple of times now. I actually kind of like him.

These 20 year olds, though, clearly need to be watching more pre-1990 movies instead of wasting all their time on,you know, chemistry and maths and stuff.

Irons

Ignored "Killing Eve" until the opening episode of series 3 screened last week. Now we have some catching up to do with series 1&2.

Irons

Quote from: SimonNZ on April 20, 2020, 07:52:05 PM
Heh. Seen him a couple of times now. I actually kind of like him.

These 20 year olds, though, clearly need to be watching more pre-1990 movies instead of wasting all their time on,you know, chemistry and maths and stuff.

Funny you say that, I started off disliking him but he won me over. A brash New Yorker, but boy does he know his stuff.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Irons on April 21, 2020, 07:28:28 AM
Ignored "Killing Eve" until the opening episode of series 3 screened last week. Now we have some catching up to do with series 1&2.
I'll have to check into this series as I recall some other folks saying that they also were hooked on it.  Does anyone know whether or not it's come out on DVD yet?  Maybe can get it through the library (when they reopen)?  Or try 'Britbox', I think it's called, online?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

drogulus

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 21, 2020, 07:50:59 AM
Does anyone know whether or not it's come out on DVD yet?
PD

The first 2 seasons are out on BD/DVD.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

George

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 21, 2020, 07:50:59 AM
I'll have to check into this series as I recall some other folks saying that they also were hooked on it.  Does anyone know whether or not it's come out on DVD yet?  Maybe can get it through the library (when they reopen)?  Or try 'Britbox', I think it's called, online?

PD

I need to check it out too.