What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irons

Quote from: milk on June 20, 2020, 04:04:12 AM
One thing I notice in this UK cop reality show is how often the ambulances accompany the police and how much the ambulances do - especially for mental health and addiction problems. Seems like the police work in tandem with ambulances. The other thing I notice is how many words Brits have for getting/being drunk.

That is funny! You are right we have a few. ;D
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Irons

Quote from: vandermolen on June 17, 2020, 12:13:19 PM
I think that it's excellent in all respects and very moving. Great score as wellYes, I thought that as well. She also reminded me of the estranged wife of the central character in the series 'Bodyguard'. One of the great things about the 'Salisbury Poisonings' is that it rehabilitates the woman who died and who had been judged (not least by myself) to be a drug addicted low-life. The series presents a completely different image of a sad and troubled individual trying to turn her life around. I found the end of Part 3 to be very moving and indeed uplifting. Hope you both like it as much as I did.

I did not expect that - well I did as you warned me. ;) Very sad and a precious moment when the dead girl's father spotted her boyfriend at the back of the church and ushered him to the front.

Three episodes too short. Would have liked more on the Russian perpetrators.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Papy Oli

Quote from: Papy Oli on June 08, 2020, 02:52:20 AM
Catching up on a BBC series i ignored or missed the first time round - Life on Mars. Finished series 1 last night, onto no.2 now. (spin off Ashes to Ashes to follow after that). Really good.

Finished Season 2 of the Life on Mars over the weekend. Brilliant twists and turns in the last episode to "close" the overall arc of this story in the early 70's. Had to watch a couple of episodes of the spin off Ashes to Ashes straight after, now set in the 80's, with actually a very smart integration of the previous series. More to watch i guess  :) Oh and it remains very politically incorrect and the decors, clothes, cars, etc are accurately depicting the relevant decades. 

Olivier

drogulus

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on June 17, 2020, 01:47:05 PM
Where can you watch it Drogulus?

PD

You can stream it if you're flexible about where you are located.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Roy Bland

drogulus

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

SimonNZ

Quote from: Roy Bland on June 25, 2020, 03:31:33 PM

Interesting. I hadn't heard of this before. How close does it stick to actual history?

drogulus

Quote from: SimonNZ on June 25, 2020, 06:47:45 PM
Interesting. I hadn't heard of this before. How close does it stick to actual history?

I don't think inaccuracy is a problem. The execution is uneven between episodes, which have different authors. On the whole it's very interesting though a little dry, a bit of a history lecture. I really like it and think the cast is terrific, Patrick Stewart and Barry Foster in particular.

SimonNZ

Thanks for that. I see a local DVD store has it so I'll watch it soon.

milk

Todd

Rise of Empires: Ottoman.  Netflix dedicated three seasons to Rome, and now they do one for the Ottoman Empire, here covering Mehmet II and his conquest of Constantinople.  Part action movie, part documentary interviews with historians, this blended series helps pass the time.  I would have preferred it to be a true documentary, but then it would not garner as many eyeballs.  Maybe Netflix can do the Timurid empire or Mali empire next.

Tywin Lannister narrates.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

BWV 1080

Probably should have given the 2018 more of a chance, but seemed like it was trying to hard to be relevant.  Anyway, this is very good

drogulus

I'm watching Bukow and König, a German cop show. German cops aren't as gloomy as the Scandinavian ones, at least on average they aren't.

SimonNZ

Three-part miniseries on the diplomacy and motives in the days between the shooting of Archduke Ferdinand and the beginning of WW1.

Excellent in its compression of complex events into three hours, in sticking unwaveringly to the historical record and in the quality of the acting.

André

Breathtaking. Even better than season 1

drogulus

Quote from: André on July 17, 2020, 05:25:34 PM

Breathtaking. Even better than season 1

I'm looking forward to the next season.

What I'm waiting very strongly and beautifully for is Saison 5 of Le Bureau des légendes. How does Malotru escape? Can Sisteron get there in time on one foot?

It's on Sundance, which I can watch with the free trial, but that seems like cheating so I'll probably torrent it.

Todd

A couple episodes into The Business of Drugs.  Sleekly produced, with almost too good to be true interviews with drug dealers in various locales, the show offers some good to know information.  The cocaine episode is old news, but the meth in Myanmar episode provides some nice tidbits.  If the show's stats are true, Myanmar produces more meth than Mexico, and distributes everywhere east of the Pamirs.  Host Amaryllis Fox is an ex-CIA operative, current Kennedy clan member, and does the interviews with some of the thugs herself.  She's attractive, but not Fox blonde hot, thus enhancing her credibility.  I think I'll watch the rest.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya