Author Topic: What TV series are you currently watching?  (Read 201934 times)

Offline SonicMan46

• Veteran member
Re: What TV series are you currently watching?
« Reply #2000 on: October 17, 2020, 07:32:23 AM »
The closing scenes are incredibly moving.

One of the stars of the show, Hugh Laurie is featuring in a new drama series Roadkill which begins tomorrow.

PD, Rowan Atkinson is now extremely rich. He turns up once a year around Christmas time playing the part of Maigret.

Also watching the new 2020 mini-series Flesh and Blood (have viewed 2 of 4 episodes) from Masterpiece Theater on PBS - last night's watch ended w/ some upcoming ads and included Roadkill - we are fans of Hugh Laurie, so probably a watch for us too!

Laurie is such a versatile performer - comedian, serious and less serious actor (father of Stuart Little), TV personality (wife adored him in House), and singer/musician - we saw him a half dozen years ago in Durham, NC on piano w/ a band - sang and had some great funny stories.  Dave :)

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #2001 on: October 17, 2020, 07:58:26 AM »
Thanks for the tip on Roadkill. I'll definitely check it out.

I really enjoyed Chance and The Night Manager. I skipped Avenue 5, though. Is that any good?
I googled Roadkill and supposedly PBS is supposed to be airing it starting November 1st.  I hadn't realized that they would be showing it in the US and so soon!  :)

PD

• Veteran member
« Reply #2002 on: October 17, 2020, 07:59:29 AM »
Also watching the new 2020 mini-series Flesh and Blood (have viewed 2 of 4 episodes) from Masterpiece Theater on PBS - last night's watch ended w/ some upcoming ads and included Roadkill - we are fans of Hugh Laurie, so probably a watch for us too!

Laurie is such a versatile performer - comedian, serious and less serious actor (father of Stuart Little), TV personality (wife adored him in House), and singer/musician - we saw him a half dozen years ago in Durham, NC on piano w/ a band - sang and had some great funny stories.  Dave :)

Yes, he's quite multitalented!

PD

Offline Roy Bland

• God listens short prayers
« Reply #2003 on: October 18, 2020, 05:45:49 AM »

IMHO this work has both strengths than defects.First: Adolfo Celi ( his best televisive  interpretation) was  a double of Alexander VI (see portraits) and the costumes and sets are richly reconstructed,wonderful score by Delerue.Faults:highly imaginative historical reconstruction (tale of the assassination Gandia's Duke it's unlikely) and so the story resembles "Dallas".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S5RvEzn63c&list=RD8S5RvEzn63c&start_radio=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g2aOA9gHuc
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 06:59:38 AM by Roy Bland »

Online Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #2004 on: October 19, 2020, 08:17:21 AM »
I googled Roadkill and supposedly PBS is supposed to be airing it starting November 1st.  I hadn't realized that they would be showing it in the US and so soon!  :)

PD

Every scene shot outside was either raining or wet so I guessed made with the American market in mind. Watched first episode, and it may well improve, but a tad disappointed. Hugh Laurie is a fabulous actor who fills the screen but I think and I hope to be proved wrong, it is all going to be a bit too "woke".
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

• Veteran member
« Reply #2005 on: October 21, 2020, 01:53:15 PM »
I know that the sun shines in the UK (having been there and witnessed it myself).  ;)  ;D

Here:  The Bridge (original Swedish/Danish collaboration).  Excellent Scandi-Noir complete with twists and turns and great, complicated characters.

PD

Online Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #2006 on: October 22, 2020, 07:36:11 AM »
I know that the sun shines in the UK (having been there and witnessed it myself).  ;)  ;D

Here:  The Bridge (original Swedish/Danish collaboration).  Excellent Scandi-Noir complete with twists and turns and great, complicated characters.

PD

We love "The Bridge". Just finished watching series 1 & 2 for the second time. Tack.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

• Veteran member
« Reply #2007 on: October 23, 2020, 05:16:13 AM »
We love "The Bridge". Just finished watching series 1 & 2 for the second time. Tack.
Nice!  Looking forward to watching the second season.  :)

PD