What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papy Oli

Quote from: vandermolen on April 01, 2021, 03:12:00 AM
Thanks Olivier - I noticed that was on and will be watching in due course. I always thought that Jack seemed a rather more likeable individual that Bobby.

It would seem that way, Jack seemed really at ease with any type of crowds. I was not aware they had had a serious fallout between them, it is broached a bit in the documentary but you only see Bobby through some archive footage.
Olivier

DavidW

I watched a documentary on HBO Max about the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship.  I didn't learn anything new but it is worth watching from the perspective of the passengers and the crew.

SimonNZ

second viewing of this six parter, superbly written and with a dream cast

vandermolen

Quote from: Papy Oli on April 01, 2021, 03:18:56 AM
It would seem that way, Jack seemed really at ease with any type of crowds. I was not aware they had had a serious fallout between them, it is broached a bit in the documentary but you only see Bobby through some archive footage.
I watched Part 3 of 'Football's Darkest Secret' last night - was just as moving as Part 2.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Brian

Quote from: SimonNZ on March 31, 2021, 03:33:23 PM

(why is Magdalene College pronounced "maudlin"?)
A new one to me this week was finding out Cambridge has a college and street called Bene't with that spelling and pronunciation - it used to be Benedict but people were too lazy to say the full name.

drogulus

I'm still watching the French series Murder In... and the Israeli series Valley Of Tears. Next up will be Deutschland 83 and the second season of the alternative history For All Mankind.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Roy Bland

drogulus

Last night I re-re-watched The Caesars, which covers much of the same history as I, Claudius but as written by Philip Mackie has a decidedly intellectual bent. Tiberius is given something like a philosophy of governance and his astrological fatalism is explored.

The series is dominated by sensational performances by Andre Morell as Tiberius, Freddie Jones as Claudius, and the perfectly cast Ralph Bates as Caligula.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Daverz

Quote from: drogulus on April 15, 2021, 09:45:33 AM
     Last night I re-re-watched The Caesars, which covers much of the same history as I, Claudius but as written by Philip Mackie has a decidedly intellectual bent. Tiberius is given something like a philosophy of governance and his astrological fatalism is explored.

The series is dominated by sensational performances by Andre Morell as Tiberius, Freddie Jones as Claudius, and the perfectly cast Ralph Bates as Caligula.

Where did you watch this?  DVD?

drogulus

Quote from: Daverz on April 15, 2021, 09:58:25 AM
Where did you watch this?  DVD?

Yes, and it's in B&W. These color stills were included on the disc.

SonicMan46

Murdoch Mysteries - still watching this show - now on Season 10 and enjoying - George has become quite a character!

NCIS - Season 18 - just purchased last night on Amazon Prime Video (11 episodes listed + a bonus one - not sure if more will be added?) - we've been watching this show from the start - the characters are looking older (David McCallum is now 87 y/o!).  Dave :)

André

Quote from: SonicMan46 on April 18, 2021, 01:08:44 PM
Murdoch Mysteries - still watching this show - now on Season 10 and enjoying - George has become quite a character!

NCIS - Season 18 - just purchased last night on Amazon Prime Video (11 episodes listed + a bonus one - not sure if more will be added?) - we've been watching this show from the start - the characters are looking older (David McCallum is now 87 y/o!).  Dave :)

Indeed, George's part has acquired a lot of depth. He often gets to be the 'human interest' centre of the plot.

Stürmisch Bewegt

On Netflix:  The Lost Pirate Kingdom a clever combo of stirring drama and authoritative documentary.  If you'd asked me beforehand I'd say it prob. wouldn't work.  It does and grippingly.  https://www.netflix.com/title/81035118
Leben heißt nicht zu warten, bis der Sturm vorbeizieht, sondern lernen, im Regen zu tanzen.

SonicMan46

Quote from: André on April 18, 2021, 01:39:58 PM
Indeed, George's part has acquired a lot of depth. He often gets to be the 'human interest' centre of the plot.

1+ André - loved the episode with him and his 'aunts' in Newfoundland where Marconi shows up to test his 'wireless' invention!  :laugh: Dave

Roy Bland

SonicMan46

Blue Bloods - Season 11 - only has 12 episodes (others may be added?) - still enjoying - Dave :)

vandermolen

'Line of Duty'
Series 1, episode 1. Very good.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Brahmsian

Quote from: vandermolen on April 25, 2021, 09:57:29 AM
'Line of Duty'
Series 1, episode 1. Very good.

Just finished rewatching season 1-5. Season 2 & 3 combined being my favourite seasons, but they really are all excellent.

Looking forward to be able to stream season 6 when it comes available on Canadian Netflix.

Line of Duty is one of my favourite police dramas of all time.

André

Finnish noir series. Watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 but let go midway in episode 4. Borderline gore stuff, just too heavy for my taste. From the 'happiest country in the world'   ::)