What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonNZ

Started a marathon of all seven seasons.

George

Missing Alan Arkin, but enjoying the final season of this fine show nonetheless.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

SonicMan46

Well, we bought the latest seasons of Blue Bloods and NCIS, so getting emails when a new episode is released.  But on Acorn TV, now on the 13th Season of the Murdoch Mysteries and started the first season of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries - seems like we're attracted to these detective/dead body productions -  :laugh:  Dave

Roy Bland

stingo

ritter

Into season 2 of Dix pour cent (aka Call My Agent):

A glitzy sitcom set among talent agents in Paris, with many real-life stars as guests. Good fun and entertaining.

steve ridgway

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 28, 2021, 08:51:52 AM
I watched a couple of episodes of Star Trek: Voyager but wasn't impressed and switched to Star Trek: Discovery which I'm finding far more up to date and exciting.

I'm well into Series 1 of Discovery now and it's turned into quite shocking sci-fi horror. The Klingons are now more like the Cenobites from Hellraiser and the plot is taking some very dark and unexpected turns. :o

LKB

Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

LKB

Quote from: steve ridgway on June 02, 2021, 08:59:05 AM
I'm well into Series 1 of Discovery now and it's turned into quite shocking sci-fi horror. The Klingons are now more like the Cenobites from Hellraiser and the plot is taking some very dark and unexpected turns. :o

One reason why Discovery never attracted me. Perhaps I'm closed-minded and need to lighten up, but l want my Klingons to look as they do in TNG or DS9.

Qa'pla,

LKB
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

George

Monk - Final Season
Modern Family - Season 6
Master of None - Season 3
Black Monday - Season 3
Newhart - Season 4

drogulus

I'm watching Mare of Easttown. I guess I'm not moving to Easttown. The series is very well done, with fine performances and high grade twists that might be enough to make the torture worthwhile for some people.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

SimonNZ

George

Just started watching this. Funny stuff.

vandermolen

Watching every series of 'Line of Duty':
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Brahmsian

Quote from: vandermolen on June 08, 2021, 12:55:03 PM
Watching every series of 'Line of Duty':

Such a fantastic series. One of my favourites of all time. I haven't watched the final season yet.

Papy Oli

In two very different registers:

BBC's Gods of Snooker, covering the key players of the 70's & 80's, from Alex Higgins to Stephen Hendry and the scandals and Money schemes in between.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000w0pv/gods-of-snooker

Channel 4's It's A Sin depicting without any filters the early days of Aids through the eyes and lives of a group of friends and families in early 80's London. A tough hard-hitting and harrowing watch but an essential one.

Olivier

Irons

Compulsive but far from comfortable viewing Jimmy McGovern's new drama Time is set in a HM prison. Sean Bean plays a teacher serving four years. I am not squeamish but more then once had to look away. This is not an easy watch, not one bit. As I remarked to the missus, placed in that environment I would end it all. Suicide is a fairly common occurrence in prisons, I can now see why!
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.