Author Topic: What TV series are you currently watching?  (Read 338484 times)

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
Re: What TV series are you currently watching?
« Reply #2840 on: August 04, 2022, 05:12:14 AM »
Three episodes last night of the Netflix series The Stranger and it took some willpower not to embark on a fourth which would have taken me well past my bedtime.

More twists and turns then a corkscrew. Highly recommended.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Offline Fëanor

• Veteran member
  • Shostie fan
« Reply #2841 on: August 04, 2022, 05:30:43 AM »
I'm into Season 2 of the well above average character drama, Succession (HBO) -- highly recommended, (IMDB 8.8/10*).

It's about a crusty, 80 y/o media business tycoon who is reluctant to pass on his CEO position to any of his kids (or his son-in-law).  You can't entirely blame him because they are all jerks, idiots, drugheads, sex maniacs, or some combination of the preceding.

The crusty tycoon is played by one of my favourite actors, Brian Cox, without whom the show wouldn't be nearly as good.

Online Papy Oli

• Veteran member
« Reply #2842 on: August 04, 2022, 05:31:53 AM »
Three episodes last night of the Netflix series The Stranger and it took some willpower not to embark on a fourth which would have taken me well past my bedtime.

More twists and turns then a corkscrew. Highly recommended.

Oh, this one was a cracker, Lol !
Olivier

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #2843 on: August 04, 2022, 05:45:33 AM »
Oh, this one was a cracker, Lol !

Isn't it just, Olivier. When a certain character was shot in the knee I was so shocked, embarrassingly I shouted out! I don't think I have ever done such a thing previously. :-[
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.