What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The new erato

Quote from: George on February 26, 2017, 05:43:38 AM

Great fan of the series, but having seen it twice, I don't hanker for a 3rd run.

George

Quote from: The new erato on February 26, 2017, 06:46:48 AM
Great fan of the series, but having seen it twice, I don't hanker for a 3rd run.

I can understand that.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

SonicMan46

Some of my recent (and favorite) TV series - Susan & I are currently watching The Closer for a second time; just finished the current season of Tony Bourdain's Parts Unknown; Justified has ended and believe that Bones has only a season to go? And Longmire -  a new season is coming?

Horatio Hornblower - own that package on DVD (no BD yet?) - watch yearly, so started in last night - a favorite - Dave :)

Ken B

Quote from: SonicMan46 on February 26, 2017, 10:52:21 AM
Some of my recent (and favorite) TV series - Susan & I are currently watching The Closer for a second time; just finished the current season of Tony Bourdain's Parts Unknown; Justified has ended and believe that Bones has only a season to go? And Longmire -  a new season is coming?

Horatio Hornblower - own that package on DVD (no BD yet?) - watch yearly, so started in last night - a favorite - Dave :)

I think "Bones" is a strikingly attractive woman. The 3 women I have discussed this with find her strikingly unattractive.

Hornblower is great, but Longmire got dreadful quickly. Even worse than Justified  ;)

SonicMan46

Quote from: Ken B on February 26, 2017, 01:33:21 PM
I think "Bones" is a strikingly attractive woman. The 3 women I have discussed this with find her strikingly unattractive.

Hornblower is great, but Longmire got dreadful quickly. Even worse than Justified  ;)

Hey Ken - have to simply disagree w/ you - thumbs up for your comment on Bones - I too find her attractive; wife and I love Longmire, she is particularly attracted to Henry - and Justified I've watched through at least 3 times - we are not far from Kentucky in North Carolina, like to sip on bourbon, and have been to Lexington a number of times - so, glad that there are really TOO many of these TV series - at least we can pick and choose easily.  Dave :)

George

After working through the entire series of King of Queens, my girlfriend and I are now watching this:

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Xenophanes

Murdoch's Mysteries

It's nice to see murder mysteries where the cops don't shoot everyone up.

SimonNZ

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

SimonNZ

Quote from: Bogey on March 05, 2017, 02:26:43 PM
On Season 2

^I finished a second run through all five seasons recently. I think the final season has become my new favorite.

Bogey

Quote from: SimonNZ on March 05, 2017, 03:10:26 PM
^I finished a second run through all five seasons recently. I think the final season has become my new favorite.

I am pleased to hear this.  Not one sub-plot is poorly executed.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Mirror Image

Mirror Image

Quote from: Thatfabulousalien on March 05, 2017, 04:58:54 PM
No, not at all I'm a stone cold serious person without an ounce of humor or even sarcasm  >:D

I figured as much. ;) ;D

Ken B

Quote from: Thatfabulousalien on March 05, 2017, 04:58:54 PM
No, not at all I'm a stone cold serious person without an ounce of humor or even sarcasm  >:D
"I'm a ... person"
Aha! I thought so. I was 95% sure the ape thing wasn't for real.

Drasko

North Star

Band of Brothers
One of the best miniseries (or series) I've seen, and surely the best war movie/series I've seen. Wonderful performances from all the actors, and beautiful photography.

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

SimonNZ

Recently:

Quarry, season one
Elementary, season four
Mr Robot, season two

Wakefield

Two entertaining documentaries:

Meet the Romans (BBC, 2012)

Presented by Mary Beard. It's an immersion intended to know the ordinary citizens of the Roman Empire. A tour through a 1,000,000 people city of the ancient world.

According Wikipedia Beard "is Professor of Classics at the University of Cambridge, a fellow of Newnham College, and Royal Academy of Arts Professor of ancient literature. She is the Classics editor of The Times Literary Supplement, where she also writes a regular blog, "A Don's Life". Her frequent media appearances and sometimes controversial public statements have led to her being described as 'Britain's best-known classicist'".

It's also available via YouTube.

And this one on Netflix:

Hitler's Bodyguard (UK, 2010)

A detailed account of Hitler's different bodyguard corps, and the dozens of failed attacks against him.

"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

SonicMan46

Susan & I are rewatching The Closer - will be starting the 7th and last season over the next few days.

For me, I'm rewatching Game of Thrones - just started season 2, and have watched through season 5 previously, so will continue w/ the newer one - looks like the series will end w/ season 8 (Wiki quote below).  Dave :)

QuoteThe series premiered on HBO in the United States on April 17, 2011, and its sixth season ended on June 26, 2016. The series was renewed for a seventh season, which is scheduled to premiere on July 16, 2017. The series will conclude with its eighth season in 2018.