What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicMan46

Quote from: Ken B on December 30, 2017, 05:36:00 PM
The Better Half loves both these. She loves quite a lot of Tom Selleck things actually ...  ::) 
In the Hornblower, she and her female friends actually especially like ... Robert Lindsay (Pellew). We both like the series a lot, and it might be time for a rewatch. I did like the books a lot too when I was younger.

Hi Ken - we're half way through the second season of Blue Bloods and I'm really enjoying more - the 'crimes' are becoming more complicated and really love Sellect in his role - as to Hornblower not much more to say for me and believe we've discussed the novels and TV series before - finished (YET again!) the series a few nights ago - the relationship between Pellew & Horatio is special and like every re-watch.  My wife refuses to watch the Hornblower series w/ me although she is loving Blue Bloods - Dave :)

Cato

We are currently hooked on:

On Netflix: we are about halfway through it. 

Michelle Dockery has been keeping busy, since her Lady Mary days.  0:)

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Cato

Quote from: Cato on December 31, 2017, 03:18:53 AM
We are currently hooked on:

On Netflix: we are about halfway through it. 

Michelle Dockery has been keeping busy, since her Lady Mary days.  0:)

WOW!  We finished and were very satisfied: what a catharsis!  Highly recommended!
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Karl Henning

Curiously, while I sojourned I'm The Garden State, I watched the first two episodes of "The Indian Detective" via Netflix. I enjoyed them, but I'm not jonesing to watch the remainder.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Hollywood

Currently watching season 7 of Game of Thrones. Love those dragons.
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

milk

Rewatching this for the umpteenth time. Still brilliant.
Hmm...

Watched one of these tonight and enjoyed it but I haven't seen the second one where he "takes on" "me too." That's getting some press today since he's said to defend Louis CK. I wonder...

Todd

Quote from: Cato on December 31, 2017, 06:58:27 PM
WOW!  We finished and were very satisfied: what a catharsis!  Highly recommended!

I demur.

Godless.  The conceit of the show is that it takes place in a town of almost all women, the menfolk having perished in a devastating mine accident.  But that's not really true.  It's mostly about Jeff Daniels and his gang of murderous outlaws engaging in Cormac McCarthy levels of violence and horror in New Mexico in search of a soul who strayed, seeking revenge.  The dialogue is stilted and unconvincing, the acting variable with some characters sort of just there, the main conceit is wasted, and the many flashback scenes are too artsy by half.  (The director appears to have really liked Schindler's List.)  To cap it all off is a final episode that is basically just a shoot 'em up with sub-par (for today) digital and makeup effects, though it has a very timely difference.  I kept wanting the show to succeed, and kept watching expecting the payoff would come, but it never did. 
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Karl Henning

Last night, I watched the pilot for Kung Fu . . . the wandering has begun.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

SonicMan46

Well, Susan & I are continuing to watch the Blue Bloods - now half way through the 3rd season and loving the show, especially as a 'couples watch' - believe that we'll go to the end - still ongoing in its 8th season.

A few nights ago, we started to view Hell on Wheels about the building of the first transcontinental railroad post-Civil War and the real life shifting 'city' associated w/ that construction - Susan gave up after 2 episodes but I'll continue on - just in my 'historic interest' - 6 seasons (2011-16), likely will continue.  Dave :)

RebLem

The Daily Show, The Opposition with Jordan Klepper, Late Night with Stephen Colbert, Bull, The Good Doctor, This Is Us, Major Crimes, The Orville, Speechless, Designated Survivor, Madame Secretary, and Better Things on FX.  I was sad the Louie got cancelled and hope that Better Things does not fall victim, as Louis CK is one of the producers of the show.  Also, on a catch as catch can basis, I watch ST NG and ST Voyager reruns on BBC America.
"Don't drink and drive; you might spill it."--J. Eugene Baker, aka my late father.

manuelsoy

Hello everyone! I'm currently seeing several, but the one I like the most (apart from the game of thrones) is undoubtedly Black Mirror, the truth is that it's a bit strange at first but little by little I've been hooked, and now I can not leave to see it, it's my favorite. Someone else who is watching? Greetings to all  :D :D
La música clásica es increíble, al igual que lo es el https://www.soywebmaster.com/f86/ curso seo gratis y que es con lo que yo más disfruto

North Star

Quote from: manuelsoy on January 10, 2018, 03:00:51 AM
Hello everyone! I'm currently seeing several, but the one I like the most (apart from the game of thrones) is undoubtedly Black Mirror, the truth is that it's a bit strange at first but little by little I've been hooked, and now I can not leave to see it, it's my favorite. Someone else who is watching? Greetings to all  :D :D
Welcome to GMG, Manuel! I haven't seen Black Mirror yet myself. I finished Indian Summers recently, a two-season drama series about the end of British rule in India. Beautiful visuals, strong characters and acting, good writing.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Hollywood

Just started watching season 5 of Ripper Street. I like Matthew Macfadyen as well as the only American in the series, Adam Rothenberg. I like Rothenberg's character U.S. Union Army captian and doctor, Homer Jackson.

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Daverz

Quote from: Hollywood on January 10, 2018, 10:11:52 PM
Just started watching season 5 of Ripper Street. I like Matthew Macfadyen as well as the only American in the series, Adam Rothenberg. I like Rothenberg's character U.S. Union Army captian and doctor, Homer Jackson.

And don't forget Bronn!  (Jerome Flynn, Dt. Sgt. Drake on the show.)

SimonNZ

Quote from: Hollywood on January 10, 2018, 10:11:52 PM

Speaking of Mcfadyen: I recently finished the final season of Spooks, and he turns up for a brief cameo:

and just started, lots of fun: series two of Preacher:

Hollywood

Quote from: Daverz on January 11, 2018, 03:36:56 PM
And don't forget Bronn!  (Jerome Flynn, Dt. Sgt. Drake on the show.)

Yes, I like him as well. I just saw him again as Bronn in season 7 of Game of Thrones.

Todd

I've watched a couple episodes of Electric Dreams, "Real Life" (based on "Exhibit Piece") and "Autofac" (based on a story of the same name).  Meh.  They look like slightly higher budget, slightly more modern versions of the 90s revival of The Outer Limits.  I've never read one of Philip K Dick's books or stories, but "Exhibit Piece" sure has some themes reminiscent of "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale" (aka, Total Recall).  I don't think I can make it through eight more shows.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Karl Henning

I've resumed Season Two of Star Trek, and have adopted a sustainable pace.  This weekend I watched "Wolf in the Fold," "The Gamesters of Triskelion," "A Piece of the Action," and – in a qualified sense – "The Trouble With Tribbles."

It would have been the first time I watched the Tribbles in the episode's entirety – if I had simply watched it.  But I elected to watch with the "Starfleet Access" feature, i.e. inset interviews which, while interesting, interrupted the show itself.  So, yes, I'll need togo back and watch the episode properly.

And still making my way through Season One of Kung Fu.  Yesterday, "Nine Lives," with Albert Salmi (who had also played in the pilot).
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

George

Saw all of season one this weekend. I laughed, I cried, I can't wait for season two. Or rather, I hope they do a second season. This is a show that must continue.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Ken B

The third, and alas final, season of Detectorists. One of my favorite series ever.