What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood

Currently watching Cold Justice. I love seeing how these two women help solve some cold cases from different city police departments in the USA.

"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Todd

Quasi-binge watched the third season of Better Call Saul.  It's every bit as good as the first two seasons, and maybe better.  The only problem is that father time makes it difficult to accept some of the characters as younger versions of their ca 2010 selves. 
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

drogulus

I'm half way through The Terror. It's one of the creepiest creepshows I have ever seen, though this might be in spite of the creature itself. In that respect it's like The Thing from Another World, and definitely not The Thing, what you don't see more than what you do.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Cato

Quote from: Todd on April 08, 2018, 05:55:53 AM

Quasi-binge watched the third season of Better Call SaulIt's every bit as good as the first two seasons, and maybe better. The only problem is that father time makes it difficult to accept some of the characters as younger versions of their ca 2010 selves.

Amen!  And yes, one might need more tightening in one's suspension of disbelief, as reality collides with fiction.  Still, not a big problem.   8)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

drogulus

I finished The Terror. I don't think the monster was as bad as some people think. The problem lay more in combining such a high level of realistic speculation about the fate of the expedition with the fantastic element. Still, watch the show for the atmosphere and some of the best acting you'll see from Ciarán Hinds, Tobias Menzies and Jared Harris.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Marc

Just watched episode 8 of the third season of Twin Peaks.

I think that was a not such a good idea on Friday the 13th.

:blank:

drogulus

All the episodes of Bosch 4 are available now on Prime.

Ken B

2/3 of episode 1 of Treme. Which is 2/3 too much.

Daverz

Quote from: drogulus on April 13, 2018, 10:51:47 AM
     All the episodes of Bosch 4 are available now on Prime.

I enjoy this series, but probably can't remember the plot of any of the previous seasons.

Will Harry's Ohm speakers ever get hooked up?

Lately I've been watching Counterpart, The Looming Tower (no spoilers, please), and the latest season of iZombie.

Oh, and I forgot Timeless, the sort of light entertainment one would tend to forget, but I'm enjoying season 1 so far.

XB-70 Valkyrie

I watch maybe one or two hours a week on average. Currently The Sopranos (4th season--have watched all the previous ones in order) and Tony Boudain Parts Unknown (9th and 10th seasons).
If you really dislike Bach you keep quiet about it! - Andras Schiff

SimonNZ

Quote from: Ken B on April 13, 2018, 06:54:53 PM
2/3 of episode 1 of Treme. Which is 2/3 too much.

Then you didn't get to see the end bit with Louis Prima's "Buona Sera".

Besides a couple of quibbles I generally really liked the whole Treme series. What was it that turned you off?

https://www.youtube.com/v/_8pz9kwdfzQ

TD:

Still excellent. And the "Horses" episode was as powerful as I'd heard it would be.

Ken B

Quote from: SimonNZ on April 13, 2018, 10:50:16 PM
Then you didn't get to see the end bit with Louis Prima's "Buona Sera".

Besides a couple of quibbles I generally really liked the whole Treme series. What was it that turned you off?

https://www.youtube.com/v/_8pz9kwdfzQ

TD:

Still excellent. And the "Horses" episode was as powerful as I'd heard it would be.

A few things. Steve Zahn. Too much just people dancing. Too much fuckity fuckfuck instead of dialogue. No characters really, except John Goodman. Irritating camera work. Steve Zahn.

bwv 1080

Thought the Netflix Lost in Space reboot was OK, but looks like it will probably will jump the shark trying to do the dark Battlestar Galactica thing (and do the writers think they are being inclusive by adding a black daughter to the white family?)

Also finished the somewhat entertaining but also hilariously self-consciously bad Here and Now, which I can only guess is Alan Ball's mental breakdown trying to write in every possible intersectional permutation he could think of into one family drama (really - a hijab-wearing gender fluid devout Muslim boy?)

MN Dave

THE TERROR
Burned through four episodes yesterday. Want more.
Based on the Dan Simmons novel.
"The effect of music is so very much more powerful and penetrating than is that of the other arts, for these others speak only of the shadow, but music of the essence." — Arthur Schopenhauer

Omicron9

Quote from: Todd on April 08, 2018, 05:55:53 AM

Quasi-binge watched the third season of Better Call Saul.  It's every bit as good as the first two seasons, and maybe better.  The only problem is that father time makes it difficult to accept some of the characters as younger versions of their ca 2010 selves.

Just finished the S3 binge.  I think each season of this series has improved over the last.  Looking forward to S4.

"Signature-line free since 2017!"

drogulus

Quote from: MN Dave on April 16, 2018, 05:28:34 PM
THE TERROR
Burned through four episodes yesterday. Want more.
Based on the Dan Simmons novel.

I was going to say something clever then realized it gave away a little too much, which would be wrong.

I couldn't get my associate to watch this one on account of it being "evil". If I could change her mind I wouldn't mind watching it again.

SimonNZ

Finished:

Justified, season 3

About to start:

The Crown, season 1

milk

Quote from: Ken B on April 14, 2018, 06:52:46 AM
A few things. Steve Zahn. Too much just people dancing. Too much fuckity fuckfuck instead of dialogue. No characters really, except John Goodman. Irritating camera work. Steve Zahn.
I liked Treme but it could be annoying at times. I'm not a fan of blues rock and didn't share the musical taste that the show rams down your throat. I understood where it was coming from - at the same time. It wasn't pointless, just gratuitous. It does beat you over the head in other ways too. I think it had some interesting characters but I'm not sure I'd ever be willing to revisit the whole megillah.

Undersea

[asin]B005KJ6ECY[/asin]

Will be finishing up on Season #3 this weekend.

Undersea

Quote from: SimonNZ on April 20, 2018, 02:35:31 PM

Finished:

Justified, season 3

I enjoyed watching this one - How are you finding the show so far Simon?.