What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonNZ

Baron Scarpia

I've been slowly making my way through The Sopranos again. Just finished the second season. It ends in dramatic fashion, but the real high point of the season is "You're gonna cry now?"

drogulus

I just started to watch this. It comes through an Amazon premium channel which I ordered just for this series.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Moonfish

Quote from: drogulus on June 01, 2018, 09:33:02 AM

I just started to watch this. It comes through an Amazon premium channel which I ordered just for this series.

Please report back - 7 seasons mm?   Is the channel mostly mysteries and police dramas?
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

drogulus

Quote from: Moonfish on June 01, 2018, 11:03:21 AM
Please report back - 7 seasons mm?   Is the channel mostly mysteries and police dramas?

There's a lot of that.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

XB-70 Valkyrie

Quote from: Baron Scarpia on June 01, 2018, 06:04:40 AM
I've been slowly making my way through The Sopranos again. Just finished the second season. It ends in dramatic fashion, but the real high point of the season is "You're gonna cry now?"

Love that show, but we missed it the first time around. We have been watching an episode a week--in order--for over a year now--currently on Season 5 (Christopher Moltisanti went nuts at the rumor that his fiance and Tony were going at it). Don't spoil it for me please, but I get the idea that Adrianna is not long for this world!
If you really dislike Bach you keep quiet about it! - Andras Schiff

Baron Scarpia

Quote from: XB-70 Valkyrie on June 01, 2018, 03:28:58 PM
Love that show, but we missed it the first time around. We have been watching an episode a week--in order--for over a year now--currently on Season 5 (Christopher Moltisanti went nuts at the rumor that his fiance and Tony were going at it). Don't spoil it for me please, but I get the idea that Adrianna is not long for this world!

One of the rare shows that maintained its level of quality to the end, although the tone changed, got darker, in the run up to the finale.

Daverz

Quote from: drogulus on June 01, 2018, 09:33:02 AM

There appear to be no zombies in this French village, so it's probably not fo me. ;)

SimonNZ

The first episode was very flat, but they loosened up after that.

SonicMan46

Well, a number of months ago, I purchased the entire JAG series, i.e. 10 seasons (nearly 230 episodes), from Amazon w/ some credit, so inexpensive - Susan & I are still watching and have started the 9th season a few days ago (do just a couple a night) - we are really enjoying and hard to believe the show ended in 2005 (a LOT of old news!).  Dave :)

P.S. believe that NCIS was like a 'replacement' for JAG and is now on its 15th season - we might just rent the first season (only 10 bucks) - anyone have comments on the Mark Harmon series?  Thanks.

Ken B

Quote from: SonicMan46 on June 03, 2018, 09:12:53 AM
Well, a number of months ago, I purchased the entire JAG series, i.e. 10 seasons (nearly 230 episodes), from Amazon w/ some credit, so inexpensive - Susan & I are still watching and have started the 9th season a few days ago (do just a couple a night) - we are really enjoying and hard to believe the show ended in 2005 (a LOT of old news!).  Dave :)

P.S. believe that NCIS was like a 'replacement' for JAG and is now on its 15th season - we might just rent the first season (only 10 bucks) - anyone have comments on the Mark Harmon series?  Thanks.

I liked the first season pretty well. At some point in the later series (not sure whic, whatever was in the library) it got too silly — someone faked their own death in like 5 of 6 consecutive episodes) and I gave up.

Hollywood

NCIS is one of my favorite TV series. I don't care too much for the 2 NCIS spinoffs, NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans. I must admit that the main reason I watch NCIS is that I have a long time crush on Mark Harmon which started back when he was the starting quarterback for the UCLA Bruins football team in 1972 and 1973. 

"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

vandermolen

I've been enjoying 'A Very English Scandal', which finished last night, which featured an excellent performance by Hugh Grant as Jeremy Thorpe and Ben Wilshaw (the voice of Paddington) as Nornan Scott. In fact they both featured in 'Paddington 2'.

I'm looking forward to the return of Poldark next week  ::)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

mc ukrneal

It's fun. Worth a shot - if you like it, 15 seasons ahead! If you don't, not much of an investment.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

bwv 1080

Amazon Prime has a the subtitled 2012 Russian TV production of Vassily Grossman's Life and Fate (IMO the best WW2 novel if you are not aware of it)

https://www.youtube.com/v/IhUDbRLBA7w

Daverz

Killing Eve

Great show.  Also

The Woman In White

I never finished the novel because I became frustrated by the way the author stacked the deck by making his characters so obtuse.  This 2018 mini-series got past that pretty quickly.

The new erato

Just finished the 3rd season of the great french series "Le Bureau".

Draško