What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Season five.  The show is not what it once was, but there are nonetheless some good bits (eg, AI), and Matt Ross does superb work.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

SonicMan46

Parts Unknown w/ the late Anthony Bourdain - just finished Season 9 shown below - bought Season 10 from Amazon (bought the SD version for $10) - and will likely purchase Season 11, although there are just 6 episodes (vs. the usual 8 or more).  Will CNN find a replacement host?  Do they want to?  If so, will be curious of the person chosen?  Dave :)

P.S. still finishing the last season of JAG which we've really enjoyed.

Wakefield

Not a TV series, but its addictive OST, composed by Cristóbal Tapia de Veer:

From one of the best TV series that I've watched ever.  :)
"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

SimonNZ

Season four killed off so many of my favorite characters I thought for a second I must be watching Game Of Thrones

Agatha Christie isn't usually my thing, but this was much better than I expected

Draško

stingo

Just shy of halfway done with Luke Cage S2.

George

Watching Arrested Development, Season 5, up to the third episode. Good so far.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

SonicMan46

Finished watching JAG a week or so ago - have just finished the first season of NCIS w/ Mark Harmon and enjoyed - will start Season 2 w/ our Netflix membership - Dave :)

SimonNZ

Working my way through the thirty episodes across five discs of the French documentary series Architectures. Uniformly excellent. And I hadn't realised before that there was a connection between Xenakis an Le Corbusier.

Daverz

Caught up on Poldark Season 3 and now starting Season 4.

[asin] B074QVZCZZ[/asin]

George

Just finished watching the entire The Odd Couple series (the old one.)

Now watching Seinfeld, The Jim Gaffigan Show and Portlandia.

Karl Henning

How many seasons did The Odd Couple run, George?
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

zamyrabyrd

On local TV there are sometimes reruns of Antiques Roadshow. Makes you want to check your old stuff in search of treasures:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj2y

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one."

― Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

George

André

Spin off of The Imitation Game ? Undemanding summer fare, but very well done  ;)

Draško

Quote from: SimonNZ on July 01, 2018, 03:56:57 PM

Working my way through the thirty episodes across five discs of the French documentary series Architectures. Uniformly excellent. And I hadn't realised before that there was a connection between Xenakis an Le Corbusier.

I've seen couple of episodes of that series and indeed all were excellent. Thanks for the reminder, I definitely want to see the rest. There are six more volumes after the five in that box.

André

Series 3. I think it's the last season, no other seems to be in the works. I'll miss it. Script and acting are top notch.

Daverz

Quote from: André on July 05, 2018, 07:25:39 PM
Series 3. I think it's the last season, no other seems to be in the works. I'll miss it. Script and acting are top notch.

It never really made sense to me to follow up the first season.  Perhaps I'll try season 2 again later.

André

IMO season 3 is the best of the series. Same characters, different plot - darker, more twisted.

SonicMan46

Well, we decided to give NCIS a break - now watching:

Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown - Season 11 - his last - still sad about his passing - a unique host-chef -  :(

Hawaii Five-0 - Season 8 - some of the old characters gone and a few new ones, but still enjoying!  Dave :)