What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

I've been watching Station Eleven which is really good.  Might read the novel when I'm done with the series.

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

71 dB

South-Korean series Taxi Driver.

It has got things I do like as well as things I am not so fond of, but at least it is something very different.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Fëanor

Quote from: George on March 27, 2022, 05:14:27 PM

I've winced through a few episodes of Seanson 1 ... chick-flick: yuhoo !! ::)  Don't think I can handle much more.

Spotted Horses

Quote from: George on March 27, 2022, 05:14:27 PM

Having gotten though Season II, I'd say it has come down a notch from Season I, still entertaining. I notice that the second season has come down from 10 episode to 7. Even though it ends on a cliffhanger, it has not been officially renewed for season 3 and I fear it might fizzle.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

George

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 30, 2022, 07:52:32 AM
Having gotten though Season II, I'd say it has come down a notch from Season I, still entertaining. I notice that the second season has come down from 10 episode to 7. Even though it ends on a cliffhanger, it has not been officially renewed for season 3 and I fear it might fizzle.

Yeah, I really liked Season 1. Not a masterpiece or the funniest show on TV, but it was a fun watch. Season 2 was definitely less fun and the final episode seemed to rush the plot along.

Spotted Horses

Quote from: George on March 30, 2022, 09:27:26 AM
Yeah, I really liked Season 1. Not a masterpiece or the funniest show on TV, but it was a fun watch. Season 2 was definitely less fun and the final episode seemed to rush the plot along.

Yes. It did seemed rushed. What I liked about the first episode was the quirky implicit commentary on social media/virtual life vs real life. Less so the crime thriller aspect. The crime thriller element has become more dominant and more confusing.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

SimonNZ

Papy Oli

Quote from: Papy Oli on March 09, 2022, 08:38:43 AM
Lol,

From what I have read, the current and last series is meant to run until 1939. I think they are broadcasting only part of the last series for now (5 or 6 episodes I believe?) and the rest will follow later in the year. Also read a film was definitely on the cards but not sure what it will be covering.

Talking of great actors, I look forward to seeing how Stephen Graham will fit in this series and with which role. Maybe a teaser towards a bigger role in the movie?

Quote from: Irons on March 11, 2022, 12:39:05 AM
I did not know that, Olivier. Stephen Graham seems to feature in all the big UK TV productions currently. A "hard man" personified will be a perfect fit.

Helen McCrory is a big miss.

Whatever I read at the time, Lol, I was wrong or misread, sorry. Tonight is definitely the final Peaky episode. A longer 80 minute one to boot. Still curious about how it will all wrap up, even if we have found this last series a bit underwhelming overall so far. It is understandable why the writer wanted to focus more on Tommy's psychological aspects but at times, it has felt too much like style over substance.

Talking of which, how are you getting on with the latest Killing Eve series ? The first three episodes felt really disjointed and underwhelming to us too. Thankfully, the real quirkiness and tensions do come back fully in episode 4 & 5. The return of Konstantin and his hearty laugh does help too  :laugh:

Olivier

George

Quote from: Papy Oli on April 03, 2022, 02:00:08 AM
Talking of which, how are you getting on with the latest Killing Eve series ? The first three episodes felt really disjointed and underwhelming to us too. Thankfully, the real quirkiness and tensions do come back fully in episode 4 & 5. The return of Konstantin and his hearty laugh does help too  :laugh:

Isn't he the best?

Irons

Quote from: Papy Oli on April 03, 2022, 02:00:08 AM
Whatever I read at the time, Lol, I was wrong or misread, sorry. Tonight is definitely the final Peaky episode. A longer 80 minute one to boot. Still curious about how it will all wrap up, even if we have found this last series a bit underwhelming overall so far. It is understandable why the writer wanted to focus more on Tommy's psychological aspects but at times, it has felt too much like style over substance.

Wife asked last night "shall we record PB" "no way" said I! Even though tired following visit to Boleyn London Stadium. No spoilers, only to say not the ending I expected. :-X

You are right Olivier, a great series which apparently opened in 2014! But the producers went off beam attempting to push out the envelope and making it fresh. Still enjoyed it though.

Sorry to admit gave up on the first episode of the latest series of "Killing Eve". Complete twaddle.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

George

Super Pumped

Killing Eve

Ray Donovan

Inventing Anna

Roy Bland

SimonNZ

Coincidental to all the talk here, I'm finally getting around to season one of Killing Eve.

And wishing it was more than eight episodes.

DavidW

I finished Station Eleven and I highly recommend it.  I will be reading the novel soon.  But this follows the relationships and trauma with characters both pre- and post-pandemic world.  I have to say that if you're still getting over quarantine, don't watch this.  There is extended time spent with people quarantining themselves while the human race slowly dies out.  The climax all comes down to the characters hashing out their drama by performing Hamlet and finding cathartic release as the roles they play mirror their situations in real life.

TheGSMoeller

Severance on Apple+, which just got picked up for a second season. Fantastic show.

George

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on April 06, 2022, 11:58:46 AM

Severance on Apple+, which just got picked up for a second season. Fantastic show.

I have that one on my queue for shows to watch. Glad to hear it is as good as it looks!

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: George on April 06, 2022, 02:18:40 PM
I have that one on my queue for shows to watch. Glad to hear it is as good as it looks!

It's fascinating, George. Definitely proposes more questions than answers but that's the allure for me, keeps me interested in where the story is headed.

Papy Oli

Quote from: Irons on April 04, 2022, 01:27:26 AM
Wife asked last night "shall we record PB" "no way" said I! Even though tired following visit to Boleyn London Stadium. No spoilers, only to say not the ending I expected. :-X

You are right Olivier, a great series which apparently opened in 2014! But the producers went off beam attempting to push out the envelope and making it fresh. Still enjoyed it though.

Sorry to admit gave up on the first episode of the latest series of "Killing Eve". Complete twaddle.

Hi Lol, finally watched the finale of Peaky. What an episode. Very neatly done and a few twists to boot  :o absolutely fine as it is, even without the future movie.

Eve got better (up to ep.6 at the moment) but it is still a tad underwhelming overall. We'll see it out though.
Olivier

Irons

Quote from: Papy Oli on April 09, 2022, 01:53:13 AM
Hi Lol, finally watched the finale of Peaky. What an episode. Very neatly done and a few twists to boot  :o absolutely fine as it is, even without the future movie.

Eve got better (up to ep.6 at the moment) but it is still a tad underwhelming overall. We'll see it out though.

Greetings to you, Olivier. Cillian Murphy, what an actor! He fills and owns the screen. My son, who packed up smoking years ago, said watching Tommy made him fancy a cigarette for the first time.  Every male from 20 to 70 would like to be like him and every female from 20 to 70 would like to ........... :-X Pleased they haven't bumped Arthur off, a haircut that launched a thousand barber shops. Must admit finding the brummie accents difficult at times, probably even more an issue from far afield as America, Australia and beyond.   
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.