What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo498

"The man in the high castle" is not a long book (and has a very strange ending), so I suspect they have added storylines to make a season out of it. Looks quite interesting nevertheless.
Are (fake) memorabilia (like pre-war firearms or watches) a business in the show?
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Wakefield

Quote from: The new erato on October 23, 2015, 11:44:06 PM
Started watching 2nd season of "The Americans" on Netflix a couple of days ago.

Me, too.

It's curious: this TV series has a good plot, good actors and high production values; but I'm following it basically because of Teri Russell.

Exactly as happened in the past, when she starred Felicity.

After 15 years, her ambiguous, indefinable and ultimately psychological charm, it's even more powerful than when she was 25 years old.

"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

TheGSMoeller

Just started Netflix series House of Cards. Only 2 episodes in.

Brahmsian

Quote from: sanantonio on October 27, 2015, 10:11:29 AM
Murdoch Mysteries (6th season) and Rectify (2nd season)  - like both but I really like Rectify.  Supposedly Season 3 was available on Netflix in September, but not for me.  I am hoping it comes online soon.

Rectify is great.  :)  Season 3 is available on the Canadian Netflix, in case you have a DNS rooter to switch your region.

Todd

Quote from: Jo498 on October 26, 2015, 12:12:28 AMAre (fake) memorabilia (like pre-war firearms or watches) a business in the show?

I don't recall seeing anything like that, but it has been a while since I watched the first episode.  If this is in the show, it didn't strike me as major.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

NikF

Da Vinci's Demons https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Da_Vinci%27s_Demons

Toots returned home even happier than usual because someone gave her a flash drive with "...every single one of the new episodes!" I've never enjoyed having a binge on multiple episodes of the same show, one after the other.  And usually I can handle this particular show, but right now I don't know if I'm watching episode five or episode one hundred and five.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

lisa needs braces

A bit random, but this short scene from the U.S series "Friends" was highlighted on Reddit as being a neat slice of comedy that works with little context. I agree -- it's pretty clever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDDMfYQweNU

James

Quote from: -abe- on November 01, 2015, 08:59:54 AM
A bit random, but this short scene from the U.S series "Friends" was highlighted on Reddit as being a neat slice of comedy that works with little context. I agree -- it's pretty clever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDDMfYQweNU

Not funny, at all.
Action is the only truth

Mirror Image

Daverz

Binge watched the first season of Les Revenants (The Returned).  Compelling, but as on other supernatural shows, character motivations sometimes don't make much sense.  Season 2 recently started.  Must be the longest gap between seasons ever.

[asin]B00GAZ1H1U[/asin]

lisa needs braces

Quote from: James on November 01, 2015, 09:04:55 AM
Not funny, at all.

Well, there goes an opinion by James not sourced to Amazon.com.  ;D

lisa needs braces

The best comedy tv series since the original "Office." It will return next month for the 9th (and final) time.

One of my favorite clips from it -- the character Mark Corrigan (played by David Mitchell) being righteously angry at junk-heads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D1gJ_GygAI

lisa needs braces

TV's trashiest and pulpiest show is causing quite a stir with the ending of one of its last episodes in which a major character might've died.

(spoiler warning, graphic content):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybfGq9hkqUU

This is how the episode ended, but what occurred here is clearly vague. Were the zombies chewing on Glenn (the Asian American character) or the other person who appeared to fall on top of him?

It's been the water-cooler discussion of the past week.

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Bogey

Not a lot of programming on the tube that interests me anymore me at this point, so decided to start netting some of the shows that gave us that terrific crime jazz. Starting with one of the "big boys", and what a start with Peter Gunn (1958-61)! Seven episodes in to Season 1 and I have to say I am hooked.  Great one liners, cool hip daddy jazz, crime thumping beats from Henry Mancini, beatniks spouting coded phrases, and bulky cars all neatly wrapped  24 minute stories that keep you locked in.    Even after episode one, the writers had me instantly caring about the main characters.  Now that is good writing.  Hey, when the hang out joint for the main cast is called "Mother's", that is all you need to really know. Youtube it up, folks!

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Brahmsian

Quote from: Bogey on November 08, 2015, 07:33:18 AM

Not a lot of programming on the tube that interests me anymore me at this point, so decided to start netting some of the shows that gave us that terrific crime jazz. Starting with one of the "big boys", and what a start with Peter Gunn (1958-61)! Seven episodes in to Season 1 and I have to say I am hooked.  Great one liners, cool hip daddy jazz, crime thumping beats from Henry Mancini, beatniks spouting coded phrases, and bulky cars all neatly wrapped  24 minute stories that keep you locked in.    Even after episode one, the writers had me instantly caring about the main characters.  Now that is good writing.  Hey, when the hang out joint for the main cast is called "Mother's", that is all you need to really know. Youtube it up, folks!

That egg looks delicious, Bill!  :D

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Bogey

Cage free, hand fed, browns.  Took that pic a few weeks ago.  This morning, Marnie, our daughter,  made up a batch of French Toast with Texas bread and I fried up the thick cut bacon.  We always have a big and less than nutritious breakfast on Sundays. 

SimonNZ

Raced through season 1 of Treme and loved it. Will be binging on seasons 2, 3 and 4 over the next couple of weeks.