What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisa needs braces

Quote from: drogulus on December 11, 2015, 07:59:37 AM
     I'm watching Mr. Robot. It's intriguing but I'm a little concerned it might get Lost.....Orphan Black started strong then Lost it for me in the second season.

I knew Lost would go Lost seven episodes in -- how perceptive of me back in 2004! Saw two eps of Mr. Robot and plan to return to it.

drogulus

Quote from: -abe- on December 12, 2015, 05:18:17 PM
I knew Lost would go Lost seven episodes in -- how perceptive of me back in 2004! Saw two eps of Mr. Robot and plan to return to it.

I'm in, too. Mr. Robot faked me out already. I was thinking it was some obvious thing it turned out not to be. They seemed to know I'd think....what I did.

These guys really did their homework. Michael Cristofer shows up briefly, Truxton Spangler from Rubicon, a nice harmonic.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Wakefield

Quote from: drogulus on December 11, 2015, 07:59:37 AM
     I'm watching Mr. Robot. It's intriguing but I'm a little concerned it might get Lost...

It's almost inevitable if you mix conspiracy theories and mental disorders in the same plot.  :(
"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

lisa needs braces

A guilty pleasure. Fellow in the glasses builds a "machine" that spies on everyone and periodically selects an individual as a "person of interest." This person will either be a victim of murder or be murdered themselves. These two try to stop that from happening. It's available on Netflix. It's network television (CBS) program so it's fairly episodic and light, but I find it comfort food television.

drogulus

Quote from: Gordo on December 14, 2015, 03:43:38 AM
It's almost inevitable if you mix conspiracy theories and mental disorders in the same plot.  :(

There's that, and conspiracy thrillers work best in a closed format. Frankenheimer and Pakula were the masters.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Hollywood

Quote from: -abe- on December 14, 2015, 08:38:53 AM

A guilty pleasure. Fellow in the glasses builds a "machine" that spies on everyone and periodically selects an individual as a "person of interest." This person will either be a victim of murder or be murdered themselves. These two try to stop that from happening. It's available on Netflix. It's network television (CBS) program so it's fairly episodic and light, but I find it comfort food television.

For me it's a pleasure to watch because my cousin Jim Caviezel stars in it.  8)
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

The new erato

Quote from: Gordo on December 14, 2015, 03:43:38 AM
I thought we had the presidential election series for that?

drogulus

Quote from: The new erato on December 14, 2015, 11:54:35 PM
I thought we had the presidential election series for that?

I want to see the photo of Trump meeting with his foreign and domestic policy experts.

Hollywood

I just started watching season 1 of Public Morals on TNT. It's set in the early 1960s in New York City's Police Public Morals Division. I really enjoy watching the cars used in this series. I am a big fan of classic autos, especially from the 1960s.

"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

lisa needs braces

Quote from: Hollywood on December 14, 2015, 11:47:32 PM
For me it's a pleasure to watch because my cousin Jim Caviezel stars in it.  8)

Wow!  8)

lisa needs braces

This looks like a gripping series (Making of a Murderer):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgbdYaR_KQ

Looks quite intense.

Bogey

Quote from: Hollywood on December 15, 2015, 11:36:05 PM
I just started watching season 1 of Public Morals on TNT. It's set in the early 1960s in New York City's Police Public Morals Division. I really enjoy watching the cars used in this series. I am a big fan of classic autos, especially from the 1960s.

I will check it out as well.  Love them cars as well.  You must enjoy the movie "Bulllit" for its look and the cars as well?
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Drasko

Three or four episodes in and I'm struggling quite a bit with the fourth season. It feels like each character this time has its own narrative so it feels like watching half a dozen shows rather than one about this big unruly family. And some of those story lines are just not that interesting, somewhat cliched and forced. But I'll persevere, the first three seasons have been hugely enjoyable maybe this one will pick up some steam later on.   

kishnevi

Quote from: Draško on December 24, 2015, 04:08:33 AM

Three or four episodes in and I'm struggling quite a bit with the fourth season. It feels like each character this time has its own narrative so it feels like watching half a dozen shows rather than one about this big unruly family. And some of those story lines are just not that interesting, somewhat cliched and forced. But I'll persevere, the first three seasons have been hugely enjoyable maybe this one will pick up some steam later on.

If you decide to persevere, Season 5 is set for release (in the US at least) next week
http://www.amazon.com/Shameless-Season-William-H-Macy/dp/B013JBJ8HC/ref=pd_sim_74_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=51I4wh5LMoL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR139%2C160_&refRID=0DXEHMF3RZQ8GXZE8030

But you may want to pay attention to that first really negative review.

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Just watched the annual Doctor Who christmas special! I found it to be much better than some of the silliness of the stories and concepts of the last few specials I have to say....I loved seeing so many alien species interact with each other again! And it was really very nice to see the oft-mentioned and rather bittersweet penultimate meeting of River Song and the Doctor before she would meet him again in the Library.

Cato

Thanks to Santa  Claus...

[asin]B00DF3EY06[/asin]

Only lasted a season, but every episode increased in satirical sharpness.  Very misguided and easily confused aliens assume human form to take up residence in a New Jersey suburb...and of course one human family moves in among them.

And then...

[asin]B00KPP6R9S[/asin]

Jack Bauer in London with Chloe vs. Terrorists and feckless politicians and bureaucrats.  Kiefer Sutherland says this is the end of the series for him.

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Bogey

Quote from: Cato on December 26, 2015, 07:45:44 AM

[asin]B00KPP6R9S[/asin]

Jack Bauer in London with Chloe vs. Terrorists and feckless politicians and bureaucrats.  Kiefer Sutherland says this is the end of the series for him.

Not bad for 10 days work. ;)
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Cato

Quote from: Bogey on December 26, 2015, 08:29:50 AM
Not bad for 10 days work. ;)

No!  And given recent events, if Jack Bauer were to get back into action, he should visit Paris next!  $:)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Cato on December 26, 2015, 07:45:44 AM
[asin]B00DF3EY06[/asin]
Only lasted a season...

Actually, there was a second season. Hasn't been released on DVD though. I found the episodes on usenet.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Cato

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on December 26, 2015, 02:06:01 PM
Actually, there was a second season. Hasn't been released on DVD though. I found the episodes on usenet.

Sarge

Okay, because I thought I recalled a second season (perhaps truncated), but Mrs. Cato had said, no, she had checked, and it was only on for one year!

Thanks for the tip!  0:)