What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: Brian on April 11, 2016, 06:56:53 PM...but now that Animaniacs have been added to Netflix, that might rise to the top of the list.

I used to love watching this show growing up. I own all the DVD box sets. Great characters and just an overall funny cartoon that had leanings towards the older Looney Tunes, which gave it a 'timeless' quality.

Harry

With utmost joy I watch "The Pallisers" a series based on the novels by Anthony Trollope made in the seventies. Highly enjoyable, and well remastered. I have it upscaled to 4 k.
Another series I am watching is  "Endeavour" the complete series three. Morse in his early stages of his career, magnificently played by Shaun Evans.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Wakefield

Quote from: Brian on April 11, 2016, 06:56:53 PM
Currently dividing my time between Jane the Virgin, Worst Cooks in America, and Archer, but now that Animaniacs have been added to Netflix, that might rise to the top of the list.

I misread the second title and thought it was part of the first one.  :-[ :D
"One of the greatest misfortunes of honest people is that they are cowards. They complain, keep quiet, dine and forget."
-- Voltaire

North Star

Quote from: Gordo on April 13, 2016, 02:51:38 AM
I misread the second title and thought it was part of the first one.  :-[ :D
Jane the Virgin, Worst Cook in America - all the ingredients of a hit series here!  :laugh:
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Harry's corner on April 13, 2016, 01:45:42 AM
With utmost joy I watch "The Pallisers" a series based on the novels by Anthony Trollope made in the seventies. Highly enjoyable, and well remastered. I have it upscaled to 4 k.
Another series I am watching is  "Endeavour" the complete series three. Morse in his early stages of his career, magnificently played by Shaun Evans.

We loved the first two series of Endeavour, so very much looking forward to the third!
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Hollywood

I plan to check out The Frankenstein Chronicles which starts next week here on TNT Series.

"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Brian

Quote from: Todd on March 29, 2016, 01:08:05 PM
Started watching Documentary Now!  I have a couple episodes down, and the The Hunt for El Chingon is first rate entertainment.  Apparently, it satirizes HBO's Vice, which I've never seen, but everything in this episode is just perfect.  Bill Hader and Fred Armisen play three sets of reporters (two sets get killed) on the search for a Mexican drug lord.  It was made before Sean Penn's adventures, but it has an edge because of that real world bit of "journalism".  Steven Michael Quezada (Gomez from Breaking Bad) plays the drug lord.  Helen Mirren's intros for the special "50th season" are delightful.  I look forward to more episodes.
Where's this one viewable? Amazon, maybe?

Karl Henning

Quote from: Hollywood on April 14, 2016, 11:04:32 PM
I plan to check out The Frankenstein Chronicles which starts next week here on TNT Series.

I really thought that was just a euphemism for the G.O.P Primaries.

No, but really.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

SonicMan46

Parts Unknown - Seasons 4 & 5 w/ Anthony Bourdain - visiting some more unusual and often troubled places on the planet - shows are a nice blend of history, social/economic problems, culture, and of course the FOOD - enjoying - streaming on Netflix.  Dave :)

P.S. Guess that I have Season 6 to watch - Season 7 is about to be aired in just over a week - not sure when available on Netflix?

QuoteSeason 7 (Episode - No. - Title - Air Date)
1   54   "Prime Cuts: Season Six"   April 24, 2016
2   55   "Manila, Philippines"   April 24, 2016
3   56   "Chicago"   May 1, 2016
4   57   "The Greek Islands"   May 8, 2016
5   58   "Montana"   May 15, 2016
6   59   "Tbilisi, Georgia"   May 22, 2016
7   60   "Senegal"   June 5, 2016
8   61   "Cologne, Germany"   June 12, 2016
9   62   "Buenos Aires"   June 19, 2016

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Brian

Quote from: Todd on April 15, 2016, 09:30:21 AM

I watched using Netflix.
Thanks - starting with the "Grey Gardens" one now.

Mookalafalas

Just started "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schidt" season two.

Also watched the first couple of episodes of "The Mindy Project" and quite like what I've seen so far.
It's all good...

bhodges

Revisiting old (black-and-white!) episodes of The Wild, Wild West - not the greatest TV show ever, but highly entertaining on its own terms. The combination of "western and sci-fi" is a bit unexpected, but it works.

--Bruce

SimonNZ

Finally getting around to this, and pleased to find it every bit as good as people had been saying. Not at all a mere spin-off.

George

Quote from: SimonNZ on April 17, 2016, 02:20:34 PM

Finally getting around to this, and pleased to find it every bit as good as people had been saying. Not at all a mere spin-off.

Yeah, it's awesome! So good that I finally broke down and watched the entire series of Breaking Bad in less than 2 weeks. I like Better Call Saul more.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Todd

Finished the six episode second season of Catastrophe.  I liked it even more than the first season.  It starts off a few years after the first season ends, with the couple expecting a second child, family members and friends experiencing various of life's vicissitudes, and proceeds from there.  Un-stilted, real-world-esque discussions on a variety of topics are quite funny, even if those topics include postpartum depression and dementia.  In the first episode, the couple have an argument where the wife says she feels threatened, to which the husband replies: "What, are you a blogger: 'I feel threatened'" (while mimicking typing on a keyboard).  In a later episode, they debate which form of birth control to use, and the husband jokingly suggests condoms, which causes them both to laugh with just right expressions on their faces.  Good stuff, and over in flash.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

SimonNZ

Recently:

reached the start of series 4 of Spooks, but am getting annoyed at them shedding main characters as fast as Game Of Thrones

SonicMan46

Bones, Season 11 - just purchased on Amazon and streaming - cannot believe this is going now for over 10 years and just renewed for yet another!  Still enjoyable and fresh w/ many returning characters.

Fixer*Upper - first two seasons w/ Chip & Joanna Gaines, a husband-wife team from Waco, Texas, who take old houses and renovate each w/ amazing success - streaming from Netflix - looking forward to the availability of the 3rd season.  Dave :)

SimonNZ

The Bridge, series three

By far the strongest of the three, in my opinion