Beethoven's Fidelio
25 (75.8%)
The Apostles by Elgar
8 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: September 01, 2007, 11:42:01 AM

PSmith08

Quote from: bhodges on August 02, 2007, 04:33:30 PM
Time for steel cage grudge match!  Stockhausen vs. Pfitzner vs. Palestrina vs. Henze vs. Kagel vs. Dittersdorf vs. Elgar vs. Beethoven vs. Tammy Wynette (OK, I just thought she might have fun.).

;D

--Bruce

Winner takes on Pierre Boulez for ten rounds.  8)

bhodges

Quote from: PSmith08 on August 02, 2007, 04:36:40 PM
Winner takes on Pierre Boulez for ten rounds.  8)

Now we're talkin'!

--Bruce

Kullervo

Time for steel cage grudge match!  Stockhausen vs. Pfitzner vs. Palestrina vs. Henze vs. Kagel vs. Dittersdorf vs. Elgar vs. Beethoven vs. Tammy Wynette (OK, I just thought she might have fun.).

;D

--Bruce

And then Tammy vs. The KLF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPjggN-KByI

Dancing Divertimentian

;D

Can't imagine any of these guys - even put together - taking out Ms. Wynette!

The wimp factor is just too high!! ;D

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

bhodges

Quote from: Kullervo on August 02, 2007, 04:42:45 PM
And then Tammy vs. The KLF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPjggN-KByI

This thread is getting far too hilarious.  (And actually I have to log off...but to be continued.)

;D

--Bruce

bhodges

Quote from: donwyn on August 02, 2007, 04:44:07 PM
Can't imagine any of these guys - even put together - taking out Ms. Wynette!

The wimp factor is just too high!! ;D

OK, I'm betting Wynette in six.  (And then Boulez is finally TKO when her hair falls on him.)

--Bruce

Dancing Divertimentian

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

PSmith08

Quote from: bhodges on August 02, 2007, 04:48:39 PM
OK, I'm betting Wynette in six.  (And then Boulez is finally TKO when her hair falls on him.)

--Bruce

If that article in Contemporary Music Review is to be believed, Boulez wouldn't dare attack Tammy Wynette. She would be too fabulous.

In any event, here are my predictions:

Stockhausen falls in the first minute, when somebody suggests that he isn't from Sirius.
Pfitzner, being a good reactionary, bashes some skulls - but falls, too, when someone liberally brains him with a synthesizer.
Palestrina goes out when someone uses the name of the Lord in vain.
Henze swoons and is borne out of the arena when someone tells him that Communism was, all in all, a failure.
Kagel, with characteristic wit, uses aleatoric processes to decide at whom to shoot a pistol, but gets steamrollered by Dittersdorf.
Dittersdorf, though, is stomped by Elgar - who, pith helmeted and white suited, is using an elephant gun.
Elgar is garotted by Beethoven, using a string from his vibrationally heavy piano.
Beethoven, then, has an ear trumpet rammed into his brain by, the WINNER, Tammy Wynette.

Boulez, then, would start to wail on Wynette - taking care not to hit her in the face or hair - but he would leave the project unfinished until someone dies, giving him some inspiration and reason to finish a "composition."

Kullervo

Quote from: PSmith08 on August 02, 2007, 05:13:20 PM
If that article in Contemporary Music Review is to be believed, Boulez wouldn't dare attack Tammy Wynette. She would be too fabulous.

Stockhausen falls in the first minute, when somebody suggests that he isn't from Sirius.
Pfitzner, being a good reactionary, bashes some skulls - but falls, too, when someone liberally brains him with a synthesizer.
Henze swoons and is borne out of the arena when someone tells him that Communism was, all in all, a failure.
Kagel, with characteristic wit, uses aleatoric processes to decide at whom to shoot a pistol, but gets steamrollered by Dittersdorf.
Dittersdorf, though, is stomped by Elgar - who, pith helmeted and white suited, is using an elephant gun.
Elgar is garotted by Beethoven, using a string from his vibrationally heavy piano.
Beethoven, then, has an ear trumpet rammed into his brain by, the WINNER, Tammy Wynette.

Boulez, then, would start to wail on Wynette - taking care not to hit her in the face or hair - but he would leave the project unfinished until someone dies, giving him some inspiration and reason to finish a "composition."

Laughing out loud here.  ;D

PSmith08

beclemund

I used a very scientific method for coming up with my choice...

GOOGLEFIGHT!
"A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession." -- Albert Camus

bhodges

Quote from: PSmith08 on August 02, 2007, 05:13:20 PM

This was totally hilarious...

Now if only someone will take the next step and turn it into a short film... ;D

--Bruce

PSmith08

Quote from: bhodges on August 03, 2007, 08:02:02 AM
This was totally hilarious...

Now if only someone will take the next step and turn it into a short film... ;D

--Bruce

To that end, I ask only for a writing credit and the lion's share of the profits from such a film.  8)

karlhenning

Late to the party, but my kudoi as well, Patrick!

PSmith08

Quote from: karlhenning on August 03, 2007, 08:28:50 AM
Late to the party, but my kudoi as well, Patrick!

Thanks. It was the "PG" version. I had an R-rated one, too, but decided that I didn't want to get banned over this thread.  ;)

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: PSmith08 on August 03, 2007, 01:22:19 PM
Thanks. It was the "PG" version. I had an R-rated one, too, but decided that I didn't want to get banned over this thread.  ;)

You probably wouldn't have... ;D

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

PSmith08

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on August 03, 2007, 02:18:56 PM
You probably wouldn't have... ;D

8)

Blast! Curse my responsible, "law"-abiding ways!  >:D

lukeottevanger

Quote from: beclemund on August 02, 2007, 07:04:55 PM
I used a very scientific method for coming up with my choice...

GOOGLEFIGHT!

Of course, the only problem with the recourse to the Googlefight argument is that its results are always open to THIS!

;) ;D

Kullervo

Elgar beats Dittersdorf by a long shot... but Ditters beats Vanhal. :D

DavidW

Funny enough if you do it with quotations they both lose.  Wait is that a bug?  Because doesn't turn up zero results for "Beethoven Fidelio"!