The Music Room > The Jazz Lounge

Jazz Purchases

<< < (72/72)

Artem:
I think it such an odd album in Coltrane's discography. He never sounded like it afterwards or even before.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh:

--- Quote from: Artem on January 02, 2022, 01:50:10 PM ---I think it such an odd album in Coltrane's discography. He never sounded like it afterwards or even before.

--- End quote ---

GS and Count down are based on the similar chord progressions and he played different scales every 2-4 bars. The approach is totally opposite to Miles’ modal approach and it made the album somehow significant. Coltrane’s Sound may sound a little similar while I prefer it to GS.

71 dB:
Bobo Stenson Trio - War Orphans

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: 71 dB on March 19, 2022, 12:37:08 PM ---Bobo Stenson Trio - War Orphans

--- End quote ---

Nice! I've been meaning to check out Stenson's solo work. I absolutely LOVED his playing on Jan Garbarek's Witchi-Tai-To and several of the Charles Lloyd albums I've heard.

71 dB:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on March 19, 2022, 07:50:57 PM ---Nice! I've been meaning to check out Stenson's solo work. I absolutely LOVED his playing on Jan Garbarek's Witchi-Tai-To and several of the Charles Lloyd albums I've heard.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure if I explore this music very deeply, but I figured I want at least ONE disc of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version