Goldberg Variations on the electric guitar?

Started by Bunny, April 14, 2007, 07:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunny

Here's a link to a video on  You tube that someone brought to my attention.  A young, rather enterprising musician has rigged two electric guitars together in order to play Variation 1 of the Goldberg Variations (repeat not observed. hehe).  It's certainly a change of pace, but I was really struck by how well the work sounds on the electric guitars. 

It's not completely successful, but it's done well enough so that I wonder what this young man will be doing 5 or 10 years from now. ;D

Don

Quote from: Bunny on April 14, 2007, 07:06:33 AM
Here's a link to a video on  You tube that someone brought to my attention.  A young, rather enterprising musician has rigged two electric guitars together in order to play Variation 1 of the Goldberg Variations (repeat not observed. hehe).  It's certainly a change of pace, but I was really struck by how well the work sounds on the electric guitars. 

It's not completely successful, but it's done well enough so that I wonder what this young man will be doing 5 or 10 years from now. ;D

It does sound very good with a nice flow to it.

Bunny

Quote from: Don on April 14, 2007, 10:27:47 AM
It does sound very good with a nice flow to it.

Someone should tell that young man to start his studies on the harpsichord!  He really has a great understanding of both the rhythm and the counterpoint.

Don

Quote from: Bunny on April 14, 2007, 10:30:24 AM
Someone should tell that young man to start his studies on the harpsichord!  He really has a great understanding of both the rhythm and the counterpoint.

No doubt.  The guy sounds better than some of the versions I have in my music library.

Bunny

Quote from: Don on April 14, 2007, 10:34:20 AM
No doubt.  The guy sounds better than some of the versions I have in my music library.

Muahahaha. >:D

Siedler

The comments are "interesting":
"because guitar is about ten thousand times cooler than piano, and is about twenty thousand times harder to play ouuuuuuuuchh"
"GO U.S!"
"SWEET! so much cooler on guitar than piano..thaNK YOU"
"ahh but can he hang a door!!!!"