What Jazz are you listening to now?

Started by Gurn Blanston, June 12, 2015, 06:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. D.

Art Tatum, Complete Group Masterpieces (the cheapo ZYX edition)

San Antone

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

SimonNZ

SimonNZ

earlier today:

the side-long track "Lazy Mae" on Dig It is a particular favorite

T. D.

Recent (obscure  ;) ) free jazz acquisitions

George

In case you haven't heard, there is a big sale on Analogue Productions SACDs and LPs over at Acoustic Sounds:

https://store.acousticsounds.com/s/552

This 10 SACD set is a steal at $100 - https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/148774/Various_Artists-Blue_Note_Reissues_Sale_Set-Hybrid_SACD

SimonNZ

David Torn - Cloud About Mercury (1987)

SimonNZ

George

One of 14 SACDs I picked up this week, all were mastered by Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman.

First spin of this lovely album.

George

Now enjoying another new album to me, on SACD.

George

First spin of this SACD. Nice, smooth stuff for a Saturday night.

JBS

The contents of this as part of a 4 CD compilation set

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

This trio was featured on Tomasz Stanko's albums The Soul of Things, Suspended Night, and Lontano. Stanko, for those that don't know, was at the forefront of the Polish jazz scene and especially so after the death of his former band leader and mentor, Krzysztof Komeda.

Alek Hidell

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 08, 2020, 08:39:21 PM

This trio was featured on Tomasz Stanko's albums The Soul of Things, Suspended Night, and Lontano. Stanko, for those that don't know, was at the forefront of the Polish jazz scene and especially so after the death of his former band leader and mentor, Krzysztof Komeda.

Love Stańko (RIP) and those albums - Lontano especially. So what did you think of this trio album, M.I.?
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Mirror Image

Quote from: Alek Hidell on February 09, 2020, 07:41:54 PM
Love Stańko (RIP) and those albums - Lontano especially. So what did you think of this trio album, M.I.?

Yes, indeed. The world lost a legend when Stanko passed away. This Wasilewski album is quite good (as are all of this trio's albums). I'd check it out --- there's a fantastic cover of Björk's Hyperballad on here that I was impressed with. I'm quite a fan of Björk's music, so to hear her music outside of it's electronic context is always wonderful.

Alek Hidell

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 10, 2020, 06:16:18 PM
Yes, indeed. The world lost a legend when Stanko passed away. This Wasilewski album is quite good (as are all of this trio's albums). I'd check it out --- there's a fantastic cover of Björk's Hyperballad on here that I was impressed with. I'm quite a fan of Björk's music, so to hear her music outside of it's electronic context is always wonderful.

Thank you.
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

modified

SimonNZ