What Jazz are you listening to now?

Started by Gurn Blanston, June 12, 2015, 06:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. D.

Old San Antone

Dizzy Reese has a funny name, a combination of two baseball commentators, Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese - whom you probably won't have heard of unless you are of a certain age.

T. D.

New arrivals (used purchases) that had been on the want list:

Old San Antone

Quote from: T. D. on November 02, 2020, 02:18:23 PM
New arrivals (used purchases) that had been on the want list:

Great band!  Looks interesting.

André Le Nôtre

Close Encounters, Teddy Edwards and Houston Person

Focus, Stan Getz

T. D.

Tom 1960

Purchased this off Amazon with a $5 discount. Unfortunately did not know this was a CD-R! Well that sucks. I missed that. Phenomenal album. Incredible playing by Tolliver which is an understatement.

T. D.

Ordered this in early September as part of a big group transaction, just received.
Starting out with Shadowgraph, 5 (Sextet) and Homage to Charles Parker.

André Le Nôtre

Just heard on TSF Jazz (Paris Station)--very interesting! John Surman/Jack DeJohnette - The Amazing Adventures of Simon Simon

vandermolen

Greg Foat: Symphonie Pacifique
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Tom 1960

Quote from: Dry Brett Kavanaugh on November 16, 2020, 06:35:46 AM
Good disc!
Somehow escaped my radar till recently. Big fan of Eric Alexander.

Now playing:

Tom 1960

Quote from: T. D. on November 16, 2020, 10:56:57 AM
Looks good! I have a lot of Hope titles, missed out on that one and now it's too expensive.
Ahh but it just became available on the "O" Jazz Forum and I just scooped it up for $19. It is however available on Spotify if you have that installed on either your smart phone, laptop or desktop.  Very fine release indeed. Elmo really gets to shine on this release.

T. D.

Quote from: Tom 1960 on November 16, 2020, 11:26:38 AM
Ahh but it just became available on the "O" Jazz Forum and I just scooped it up for $19. It is however available on Spotify if you have that installed on either your smart phone, laptop or desktop.  Very fine release indeed. Elmo really gets to shine on this release.

[Edited] Damn, I got home from work and realized that I own a copy! Either creeping senescence or a sign that I have accumulated too many recordings. Lucky I didn't buy another (a mistake I've only made once). Going to listen to it now.