What Jazz are you listening to now?

Started by Gurn Blanston, June 12, 2015, 06:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henk

Sung with diginity and uprightness.

AnotherSpin

Henk

AnotherSpin

Quote from: Henk on June 01, 2024, 02:52:16 PMJazz?  $:)

This album of standards with acoustic band is pretty much jazz.

T. D.

Something I stumbled across.

Also:

AnotherSpin

AnotherSpin

Revisiting an album which listened at the end of 70s or early 80s on vinyl.

AnotherSpin

Mirror Image

Quote from: AnotherSpin on June 10, 2024, 06:56:38 AMAnother long-standing favourite

An interesting aside (or not), but in the mid-00s, I kept a correspondence with guitarist Ben Monder. He's really a nice guy and one of, if not the, finest jazz guitarist of his generation. His harmonic vocabulary is nothing short of amazing.
"What was great about the '50s is that, for one brief moment - maybe, say, six weeks - nobody understood art." ― Morton Feldman

T. D.

Jazz In Britain reissue w. many extra tracks and live session

AnotherSpin

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 10, 2024, 10:37:23 AMAn interesting aside (or not), but in the mid-00s, I kept a correspondence with guitarist Ben Monder. He's really a nice guy and one of, if not the, finest jazz guitarist of his generation. His harmonic vocabulary is nothing short of amazing.

Without a doubt, Ben Monder is an amazing guitarist. I think there are so many fine performers today: Jakob Bro, Gilad Hekselman, Liberty Ellman, Wolfgang Muthspiel, Miles Okazaki, Julian Lage, John Parricelli, Peter Bernstein, et al.

AnotherSpin

Tony Malaby's Paloma Recio remarkable album on the no less remarkable Portuguese label Clean Feed.