The Music Room > General Classical Music Discussion

All About Streaming Music Services

<< < (55/55)

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Brian on May 16, 2022, 05:20:40 AM --- ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, this cracks me up. "Here is how to use the search engine." "I dislike and reject how to use the search engine." The great thing is, nobody is wrong! Aukhawk and San Antonio are right about how to search, and MI is surely right to live however he wants. But you have to admit... It is funny. Man's struggle against the machine continues  ;D

--- End quote ---

Yes, the struggle is real! :P Power to the people! ;D

Todd:

--- Quote from: Brian on May 16, 2022, 05:20:40 AM ---But you have to admit... It is funny.
--- End quote ---

True.  I am happy that one of the annoyances I face is how to find one recording out of hundreds of thousands.  I contrast this with the dark ages - you know, the 90s.

Madiel:
Contrast with searching Apple Music, where a search for Mozart’s symphony no.12 got me many hits for Mozart and symphony but no evidence of the actual work I wanted. Scrolling through pages of results.

Whatever you think of some of the other services, they still give you a way better outcome than THAT.

DavidW:

--- Quote from: Madiel on May 16, 2022, 12:23:18 PM ---Contrast with searching Apple Music, where a search for Mozart’s symphony no.12 got me many hits for Mozart and symphony but no evidence of the actual work I wanted. Scrolling through pages of results.

Whatever you think of some of the other services, they still give you a way better outcome than THAT.

--- End quote ---

Apple Music is by far the worst.  No wonder they bought out Primephonic!  They're like "we don't understand metadata, please help us!"

Buster Machine:
I'm trying to listen to a 1970s recording of Haydn's The Seasons with the Szegéd Symphony conducted by Tamás Pál in Mediaklikk before it gets deleted in less than 5 hours, but today I'm not getting any audio from the website. The live stream (https://mediaklikk.hu/bartok-radio-elo) does work, but the archive's streams don't.

https://mediaklikk.hu/radio-lejatszo-bartok/?date=2022-07-15_13-18-00&enddate=2022-07-15_15-09-00&ch=mr3

I wonder if the error is in the website or in my PC, which had a Windows update yesterday. Does it work for you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version