Best looking CD/LP for sleeve & artwork

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, May 06, 2020, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Florestan on September 07, 2023, 01:16:45 AMInterestingly enough, in a widely used figure of speech crai also means a womanizer.
:o

PD

AnotherSpin

Stolen from WAYL2N. Love this cover:

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: AnotherSpin on September 23, 2023, 01:38:30 AMStolen from WAYL2N. Love this cover:

Makes me want to get out the silver polish.  ;D   ;)

PD

AnotherSpin

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on September 23, 2023, 02:57:51 AMMakes me want to get out the silver polish.  ;D   ;)

PD

Wabi-sabi kind of beauty, polish is redundant :)

Pohjolas Daughter

Symphonic Addict

Hyperion has some of the most beautiful and striking cover arts IMO.

Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Irons

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on October 27, 2023, 02:40:14 PM

Seeing your post immediately brought a Rubinstein cover to mind.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

71 dB

People seem to like scary trees as cover art...
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Symphonic Addict

Quote from: Irons on October 28, 2023, 06:30:25 AMSeeing your post immediately brought a Rubinstein cover to mind.

Very cool!

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

More attractive scary trees on cover arts:

Noam Chomsky

Irons

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Irons on November 04, 2023, 01:29:03 AMOne for Armistice day 11/11.
I had never heard of a trench cello (a holiday cello) before now.  I did find this interesting article/interview with Steven Isserlis in which he describes it and how he came to own it.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/nov/10/what-horrors-it-must-have-witnessed-steven-isserlis-on-how-a-trench-cello-found-its-voice-again

PD

Irons

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 04, 2023, 09:17:56 AMI had never heard of a trench cello (a holiday cello) before now.  I did find this interesting article/interview with Steven Isserlis in which he describes it and how he came to own it.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/nov/10/what-horrors-it-must-have-witnessed-steven-isserlis-on-how-a-trench-cello-found-its-voice-again

PD

Fascinating. You get the impression that cellists are a bit of a club. All in it together.

Irons

I like the simplicity of Herschel Levit's Rubinstein cover. Looking him up he has a fine body of work.