Started by pjme, July 27, 2015, 06:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Brian

Oh no!!!

One of the great pianists of our time.

jochanaan

Listening to him on Youtube now, playing Clair de Lune.  Beautiful, poetic playing.  He will be missed indeed.
Imagination + discipline = creativity

Rinaldo

Dancing Divertimentian

Oh, my. Very sad to hear this. One of the greats, no doubt.

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Pat B

One of my absolute favorites. Aside from his great playing, he seemed genuinely charming and sincere. I love this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/v/AL4ChhWLykk

Rest in peace, maestro.

Bruckner is God

RIP. I had the pleasure of hearing him play Chopin at the Edinburgh festival some years ago. I shall never forget it, one of the highlights of my concert going life.  He will be missed.

Moonfish

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Todd

Definitely one of the greats of the recorded era.  I was able to attend one of his recitals in the early aughts, where he played Debussy, Ravel, Brahms, and Chopin.  It was one of the best recitals I've attended, and I even stood in line afterward to get his autograph on a Mozart disc, something I have otherwise not done.  He will be missed, but at least there are those great recordings.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

XB-70 Valkyrie

A true poet of the instrument. A student of Michelangeli, I believe.
If you really dislike Bach you keep quiet about it! - Andras Schiff

king ubu

I only know some of his Chopin on Supraphon - and creepily enough was playing the Préludes one (depicted in the first post) yesterday, early morning, as I woke up and went back to bed with a migraine right away. Lights out, Moravec in, two rounds ... wonderful recording.
Es wollt ein meydlein grasen gan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Und do die roten röslein stan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich mehr, du hast dein ehr.
Kannstu nit, ich wills dich lern.
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

http://ubus-notizen.blogspot.ch/