Harpsichordists - The New Generation

Started by Mandryka, May 05, 2012, 10:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prémont

Quote from: Mandryka on March 16, 2023, 11:29:03 AMTried this again today and thought it was totally uninteresting playing

Don't know her but think I shall investigate her CD.

Quote from: Mandryka on March 16, 2023, 11:29:03 AMAnd tried this again and thought it was rather enjoyable

Yes, indeed.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Mandryka

Quote from: premont on March 16, 2023, 01:20:48 PMDon't know her but think I shall investigate her CD.

You should, I must be in a better mood because it I think it's very good today.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Mandryka

Quote from: Mandryka on May 01, 2018, 12:31:00 PM

I think this is interesting. Familiar repertoire and composers, or relatively, but played poetically and introspectively. No bravura. Agnes Ratkó is an experience harpsichord teacher who has just made this, her first recording. The instrument is based on the Colmar Ruckers, tuned meantone 1/5 comma. Very well recorded.

This may well be a "top recommendation" for someone who wants a harpsichord taster recording. It reminds me of Trevor Pinnock's CD called Journey, but Ratko is a better musician using a better instrument and is recorded better to boot.

Basically I like this a lot. Once I start listening to it I can't stop.

Another fabulous one to revisit, not just the playing but also the selection of music.  It looks like there was a plethora of  releases from interesting new young harpsichordist five years ago, but either I've not got my eye on the ball or it's all dried up.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen