Instrumental music from the 16th century and before

Started by Mandryka, October 31, 2015, 07:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandryka

Quote from: San Antone on May 07, 2019, 10:01:34 PM
They are interesting for a little while, but no match for the original a cappella vocal versions done well.

Oh
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Mandryka

Very lovely music making here, the best I can remember from Corina Marti - Marie Nishiyama is always worth hearing if you like the Japanese early music new wave.

Some information about what they're playing here

https://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/14850

Mandryka

Beautifully recorded and seductively played!

Maurice Guis was part of an ensemble called Les Musiciens de Provence, and I'm exploring their recordings too, not without pleasure though it's not really my sort of thing.

Mandryka

There are now two recordings of music from the Lublin tablatures. René Clemencic plays a reproduction of a south German upright harpsichord from the 15th century. It is full of character, the sound is colourful, intense and rich in partials. I can't find any information about the instrument that Corina Marti is using, other than the description «Renaissance harpsichord.» It is not without a certain character either.

Marti plays the music with a sense of lyricism and movement forward to the end. It is most pleasant, light, sweet and easy on the ears.

Clemencic plays with a much greater sense of how the music's life comes most of all from ruptures in the singing line. He seems to me to make something almost baroque of this music, as if the Lublin manuscript contained music which is prescient of the style of some toccatas by Froberger or some late choral preludes by J S Bach.

Carlo Gesualdo

Excellent Tread thanks for sharing, monsieur vous etes remarquable & informé, J'adore vos posts.

Mandryka