eBay Question: Feedback

Started by AnthonyAthletic, December 02, 2015, 01:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnthonyAthletic

Quick Question:   :)

Can/could anyone tell me how to find Feedback Ratings on eBay?  Not feedback itself as that is visible, its the ratings next to the stars in your personal section.

Basically I bought a cd from a seller who took an age to dispatch the goods and I gave him a 3 out of 5 for his dispatch time, when I left his feedback.  He then eBay PM'd me giving me s*** as to why I marked him 3 out of 5 for his shipping time. 

The cd took two weeks to arrive, this was after it was marked as dispatch on day 1.  Postmarked not on the day, but 8 days later.  He told a few porkies there.

Its not the feedback itself, as he was given a positive.  It is the Ratings which he viewed, and my question is.  How did he view the ratings?

Can anyone tell me how to view these feedback ratings so you can actually see who is marking you down, as I can not find any way to check them so I can see what people leave me.  I always thought these ratings were sort of confidential.

I couldn't see the fuss as he got a positive regardless.

These are the ratings:

* * * * * 50   Item as described 
* * * * * 50   Communication
* * * * * 50   Dispatch time
* * * * * 49   Postage

Any help would be appreciated.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

Jo498

It's been a while that I did anything on Ebay but I share your puzzlement. To my knowledge it was impossible for a seller to directly view the detailed ratings. They only get to see the "sum". Maybe this has changed. In my experience since 2001 (and I was most active from ca. 2001 to 2008 or so but I bought quite a bit occasionally until 2013/14) Ebay became continually worse for private sellers and to some extent private buyers and quite a bit seems to have been "taken over" by professional sellers.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

AnthonyAthletic

Quote from: Jo498 on December 02, 2015, 01:22:18 AM
It's been a while that I did anything on Ebay but I share your puzzlement. To my knowledge it was impossible for a seller to directly view the detailed ratings. They only get to see the "sum". Maybe this has changed. In my experience since 2001 (and I was most active from ca. 2001 to 2008 or so but I bought quite a bit occasionally until 2013/14) Ebay became continually worse for private sellers and to some extent private buyers and quite a bit seems to have been "taken over" by professional sellers.

I thought that too, until he sent me the PM saying he saw that I had marked his dispatch down...and why.

I did ask him how he knew this, to which he said you can find it on eBay with a lot of searching.  Since then I have received eBay messages from eBay who state 'sellers know and can find out if you mark them down on any of the four points'.  I sell, and for the life of me can't find this on any part of my account.

Thanks for you reply, will keep striving to find out LOL

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on July 31, 2021, 12:57:22 PM
An absolutely appalling story:

'It has to be known what was done to us': Natick couple harassed by eBay tell their story for the first time
I can't read your link there but did find a story elsewhere.  Wow!  ???  Quite shocking!

I wonder what they were writing about that upset the folks at eBay so much?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter