What are you drinking to past this awful covidian time?

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, May 11, 2020, 05:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Mirror Image

Holden

Anything I want to as we are carrying on as normal here. Basically enjoying a glass or two of GSM every night plus a wee dram of good whisky to finish up the proceedings. This might be scaled back as I go back to work tomorrow.
Cheers

Holden

david johnson

vandermolen

A very nice local Sussex dark Winter beer Harvey's 'Old' - but not usually for breakfast when I prefer a nice cup of Lapsang Souchong tea.

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Andante

I am drinking a cheap Shiraz Cabernet and listening to a concert by the BPO on our local CM station.
Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.

foxandpeng

Quote from: vandermolen on January 21, 2021, 12:41:53 AM
A very nice local Sussex dark Winter beer Harvey's 'Old' - but not usually for breakfast when I prefer a nice cup of Lapsang Souchong tea.

Lapsang is my daily tea of choice every time, along with a great deal of coffee.

As far as alcohol is concerned, I am a whiskyphile. Single malt, rye, and very occasionally a high end bourbon. Usually single cask, cask strength, often preferring Islay but not exclusively.
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

Rinaldo

Ah, good old lapsang. Carried me through many a night of work.

In recent years, I've become quite the coffee addict, so it's the brew for me right now, as we're quite busy in our editorial office. When the – hopefully not nuclear – dust settles, I'll pop open some nice bottle of Vino Nobile.