The Music Room > General Classical Music Discussion

David Hurwitz

(1/134) > >>

Scion7:
NB Original post removed, the following is a message from the moderator:

Scion7

I wake up, open the machine and find your post has been reported. I then read through the thread and despite plenty of members pointing out to you how offensive that specific post is, you just leave it there. It was homophobic. That means it is automatically offensive to those here who are gay and to all those who disapprove of homophobic attitudes being expressed; which, as you see, is a fair few. The offensiveness is also against the ethos of this site.

As you did not take all the comments seriously and amend the post; I am writing publicly to you and have basically removed it. It is not on to post material that makes people feel denigrated or uncomfortable.

PM me if you feel the need to continue a discussion on this issue.

Knight

ComposerOfAvantGarde:
I'm guessing you disagree with his views....but your comments makes you worse than whatever he said!

Mirror Image:
Perhaps the best way to deal with Hurwitz is not to deal with him. Give this a shot.

"Pay no attention to what the critics say. A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic." - Jean Sibelius

Todd:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on January 11, 2016, 07:52:42 PM ---"Pay no attention to what the critics say. A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic." - Jean Sibelius

--- End quote ---

No longer true:

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Todd on January 11, 2016, 07:58:41 PM ---

No longer true:

--- End quote ---

Well, it's the intention behind Sibelius' comment that remains important, which to me is pretty simple: forget the critics, they simply don't matter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version