Classical LPs

Started by Karl Henning, July 02, 2015, 06:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

The mother of a high school classmate (whom I've not seen since graduation day) will be divesting herself of her personal library of classical LPs.  The purchaser would be responsible for shipping charges, as well;  I shall post an inventory as soon as it is provided.

Disclosure:  I do not benefit from this process in any way other than the intangible warm feeling for assisting an old schoolmate.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Scion7

If she has some of those so-so pressings, but oh so nice cover artwork Turnabout and Erato LP's, that will be interesting.
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

XB-70 Valkyrie

Are you selling these yourself, or simply directing us to the seller?
If you really dislike Bach you keep quiet about it! - Andras Schiff

Szykneij

Is she local, Karl? If so, and she wants to sell the entire collection, I might be interested.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige