Author Topic: On-Line Concerts (Corona caused)  (Read 450 times)

Online North Star

• Veteran member
Re: On-Line Concerts (Corona caused)
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 01:46:20 PM »
Oh, crumbs!  Do you remember what website had the interview with Colin Davis and roughly when it had been posted?  One might be able to google it and/or find it through the internet archive...hopefully?

PD
Sure, it was also on Areena, but it's not available at the moment. The interview was in English, of course.
 https://areena.yle.fi/1-1922244

p.s. What is YLE Areena?  Also, is there a way to see it in English?  Wish that I knew Finnish!   :(

Best,

PD
YLE is the Finnish National Broadcasting Company, and the Finnish RSO is their orchestra. Areena is where all of YLE's online video/audio content is.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 02:35:23 PM »
Sure, it was also on Areena, but it's not available at the moment. The interview was in English, of course.
 https://areena.yle.fi/1-1922244

YLE is the Finnish National Broadcasting Company, and the Finnish RSO is their orchestra. Areena is where all of YLE's online video/audio content is.
Thanks.  And you're fast!  I had modified my original post a bit and was also going to add that I googled the website and saw, as you said above, that it's the Finnish NBC.   :)  But thank you!   ;D

Do you remember when the interview was from?  It might be possible to find it via the internet archive (forget the name of the site)...or, maybe, you, me and others could request them to put it back online (if they are legally able to at this point in time?)?  I'd love to read it!

Best wishes,

PD

Online North Star

• Veteran member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 03:03:07 PM »
Thanks.  And you're fast!  I had modified my original post a bit and was also going to add that I googled the website and saw, as you said above, that it's the Finnish NBC.   :)  But thank you!   ;D

Do you remember when the interview was from?  It might be possible to find it via the internet archive (forget the name of the site)...or, maybe, you, me and others could request them to put it back online (if they are legally able to at this point in time?)?  I'd love to read it!

Best wishes,

PD
The date it was last broadcast was in May 2013, shown again in memory of Davis. Looking at the interwebs, I found a transcript of it.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Offline Herman

• Veteran member
  • there's something wrong with my brain
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 12:56:51 AM »
p.s. What is YLE Areena?  Also, is there a way to see it in English?  Wish that I knew Finnish!   :(

Now is an excellent time to learn Finnish, and acquaint oneself with a culture that is
1 not all about the almighty dollar and
2 highly successful.

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 12:41:09 PM »
The date it was last broadcast was in May 2013, shown again in memory of Davis. Looking at the interwebs, I found a transcript of it.
Thank you for that link; I'll try digging around in a bit for the actual broadcast too.

Best wishes,

PD

« Reply #25 on: Today at 01:25:47 PM »
Here are some special on-line concerts recorded either at Tanglewood and a few from Symphony Hall (in Boston):

https://www.bso.org/brands/bso/at-home/bso-at-home-week-2-great-soloists-with-the-bso.aspx

Best wishes,

PD