Mozart Mania

Started by BeBachSoon, June 30, 2016, 03:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favourite composer out of the five?

Mozart
2 (33.3%)
Haydn
0 (0%)
Beethoven
3 (50%)
Bach
1 (16.7%)
Rachmaninov
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 04, 2016, 03:30:47 AM

BeBachSoon

Hi! Can someone give me some interesting facts on Mozart pls? Thanks in advance

BeBachSoon

Pls be fast because my diploma exam is next Tue plus I'm nervous about the Viva- hey,I'm just 10!

BeBachSoon

I've read that Mozart has a humour related to disgusting stuff  :(

amw

Mozart was a fraud. His music was actually all composed by Rob Newman.

BeBachSoon

Wow- I never knew that- I'm playing "Mozart " 3rd violin concerto for the Dip. So it means that Mozart didn't compose that piece? Lol :D

BeBachSoon

That means Rob Newman is not bad, eh?

Mirror Image

Beethoven wins for me here. The violence, barnstorming, and grandstanding in his symphonies are completely ahead of their time and are the precursor to everything that can after it. Not to knock Papa Haydn of course as he was quite influential in the development of the symphony as well. I never have acquired the taste for Mozart's music however. I do like his Requiem a lot, though, but that's about it.

Karl Henning

Quote from: BeBachSoon on June 30, 2016, 03:52:54 AM
That means Rob Newman is not bad, eh?

It was a joke . . . Rob Newman is a crank who tries to sell his book that Mozart didn't really compose his own music.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

ritter

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 30, 2016, 08:34:02 AM
Beethoven wins for me here. The violence, barnstorming, and grandstanding in his symphonies are completely ahead of their time and are the precursor to everything that can after it. Not to knock Papa Haydn of course as he was quite influential in the development of the symphony as well. I never have acquired the taste for Mozart's music however. I do like his Requiem a lot, though, but that's about it.
You really should listen attentively to Don Giovanni...everything about it so forward looking, sounds so modern to this day. Violence, lyricism, deep dramatic force and...humour! A work that at moments seems to make fun of itself.

And then there's the late symphonies, some of the solo piano music.... Do give Wolfgang Amadé another try, he's well worth it  ;)

Mirror Image

Quote from: ritter on June 30, 2016, 11:51:41 AM
You really should listen attentively to Don Giovanni...everything about it so forward looking, sounds so modern to this day. Violence, lyricism, deep dramatic force and...humour! A work that at moments seems to make fun of itself.

And then there's the late symphonies, some of the solo piano music.... Do give Wolfgang Amadé another try, he's well worth it  ;)

Not an opera fan, but I will keep your suggestions of the late symphonies in mind. :)

ritter

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 30, 2016, 11:57:13 AM
Not an opera fan, but I will keep your suggestions of the late symphonies in mind. :)
Fair enough! I'd love to hear your impressions... But, with Karl listening to Wagner  :o, even you might come round to opera some day  ;).

Cheers,

Mirror Image

Quote from: ritter on June 30, 2016, 12:08:00 PM
Fair enough! I'd love to hear your impressions... But, with Karl listening to Wagner  :o, even you might come round to opera so day  ;).

Cheers,

Karl listening to Wagner was a bit of a shock, but I seem to recall he likes to indulge in some German Romanticism every now and again. :)

Spineur

Quote from: BeBachSoon on June 30, 2016, 03:32:14 AM
I've read that Mozart has a humour related to disgusting stuff  :(
Only 10 years old and already a dirty mind.   There is not one ounce of truth in Milos Forman Amadeus.  And yes Mozart wrote some special songs for his wife.  This will require that you learn german first.

Eli

I love the moments when Mozart randomly goes minor for a few bars.

jlaurson

Quote from: BeBachSoon on June 30, 2016, 03:26:00 AM
Hi! Can someone give me some interesting facts on Mozart pls? Thanks in advance

How about reading a book? Or thinking about your exams in advance, rather than having other people do the heavy lifting for you.

How lazy. Stunning.

bhodges

Quote from: jlaurson on July 01, 2016, 10:45:09 AM
How about reading a book? Or thinking about your exams in advance, rather than having other people do the heavy lifting for you.

How lazy. Stunning.

My thoughts exactly.

--Bruce

Andante

For me it must be Beethoven, his Symphonies are outstanding and as a chamber music lover no other composer comes close to the string quartets, having said that I have more Mozart CDs than any other composer and can only assume that I found something in his works at some time, I still enjoy Mozart but most of it is light but pretty.
Andante always true to his word has kicked the Marijuana soaked bot with its addled brain in to touch.

BeBachSoon

Mozart's own family wrote disgusting stuff