The New York Holler Thread

Started by snyprrr, May 26, 2016, 06:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snyprrr

Quote from: nathanb on June 28, 2016, 08:24:48 AM
So not happy with amazon right now. I pre-ordered my York Holler disc a month out and it's on backorder before even I can get one? I cancelled the order and will be buying it straight from NEOS when I get my next paycheck, probably. My new Wohlhauser disc came yesterday, and NEOS released that 2 months after the Holler disc.

mm... that's why I was teasing you above. i am sorry. Yes, it's always best to wait for, like, ImportCDs, or something, to get them...

In brighter news...

Arcus

This work for 17 plus tape is, to my ears, quite different from 'Mythos'. I think I preferred 'Arcus' initially here. It is quite a good proto-IRCAM work, I enjoyed it as much as the Dufourt on the same Erato (I'm sure you know). Lots of stuff going on and quite refined for its time. Bravo York!

I'm not feeling the absolute need for that new SQ disc yet; I wish that Piano 2CD would cheapen up here........

I have satiated myself with my German Extravaganza. ALL the disc I got were all atmospheric and cool and "all that good stuff" (Holler, Ruzicka, Rihm, Staebler-Kalitzke-Huber-Bruttger). For some reason - and I find it odd- I didn't take to Lachenmann so much (except the exceptional pieces others mentioned earlier in that Thread). I am thankfully at an impasse, and am enjoying it! ;)

nathanb

Yeah buttttt have you invested in any Gerald Eckert? Claus-Steffen Mahnkopf? Jorg Widmann? Basically all the dudes from that list of 15 that I made? Cuz that's where it's at.

Scion7

Quote from: nathanb on July 03, 2016, 08:48:49 PM
Yeah buttttt have you invested in any Gerald Eckert? Claus-Steffen Mahnkopf? Jorg Widmann? Basically all the dudes from that list of 15 that I made? Cuz that's where it's at.

Where what is "at"?

Utter apathy and non-recognition?
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

nathanb

snyprrr

Quote from: nathanb on July 03, 2016, 08:48:49 PM

oh, I've got 'em in Das Koola... my pocketbook said "uncle"... and now i messed it all up by going Hindemith/Feldman/Reynolds happy... basically, I try to get as much cheap stuff as possible, - now, only the expen$ive choice remain... gulp...

"will dance naked for avant garde cd"

Quote from: Scion7 on July 03, 2016, 09:47:46 PM
Where what is "at"?

Utter apathy and non-recognition?

LOL.... just when you thought it was safe to go back in the thread