The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Deutschland Uber Alles

(1/14) > >>

snyprrr:
Well, now I've really stepped in it,- the vast sea of post-WWII German Composers that is! It started with BA Zimmermann, and now I've forced myself through a death-march with Rihm (oy vey! the sheer volume), and have now claimed some semblance of detante with Ruzicka. And no, I haven't begun much with the East.

Here are just a few of the names:

Stockhausen (only because I ended up here last week)

Henze- also, can be omitted for Thread purposes, but, he DOES have a lot of stuff to weed through

BA Zimmermann
Udo Zimmermann
Walter Zimmermann

Rihm
Lachenmann
Holler
Ruzicka
Spahlinger
Grosskopf
Staebler
Schnebel
Frank Michael Beyer
Peter Michael Hamel*
Ablinger (do not want)
Staud
Herchet
Febel
Pintscher
Goldmann
Holliger
Cerha
Platz
Katzer
Bruttger
Hespos
Klaus Lang
Bernard Lang(?)
Klebe

It's an absolute quagmire!! HELP!!

Mirror Image:
Good luck. :-\ I have as much interest in post-WWII German composers as I have in Baroque Era German composers. In other words, very little. :P

lescamil:
Just from looking at your list, there are some Austrians and Swiss that found their way in there.

snyprrr:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on May 30, 2016, 09:29:55 AM ---Good luck. :-\ I have as much interest in post-WWII German composers as I have in Baroque Era German composers. In other words, very little. :P

--- End quote ---

Ve haff vays auf making you hear us!

Seriously, some BAZ and Ruzicka,  and select Rihm and Lachenmann and Holler seems to be right up your (and mine) alley. I wouldn't steer you into unbridled noisy dreary ennui,... oy, das gerschmeldtefiske!!

Seriously, we will guide you to the gold mine...

snyprrr:

--- Quote from: lescamil on May 30, 2016, 09:33:58 AM ---Just from looking at your list, there are some Austrians and Swiss that found their way in there.

--- End quote ---

ja, das ist Greater Germania

Insolence!! :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version